Chapter 7

It took almost a week for Sykkuno to be able to return back to their university, but he was just glad that he is surrounded by good friends who made sure that he would be up to date of every lesson, worksheets, and homeworks that needed to be submitted in time.

A week of him just resting and recovering from whatever cold he had.

He noticed two things during that week of him just being in bed.

One is that he and Corpse became, really good friends. Sykkuno was first mildly surprise that after the day that Corpse took care of... him and his plants, the other man has been talking to him thru text messages, asking him how he is, reminding him to take his medicine and get some rest, and most importantly he would text Sykkuno a simple 'good morning' messages that actually make Sykkuno really happy for some reason.

Sykkuno really appreciate him, after all Corpse is a good friend and he was glad to have known the other man.

The last thing that Sykkuno noticed is that his brother has been oddly... stressed. Like he was on the edge about something. Toast rarely gets like this even though a major competition is coming up, after all his brother is one of the most composed, collected, and calm person Sykkuno has ever known. So seeing his brother twitchy about something is really alarming him for some reason. He already asked him about it but as usual, Toast just assured him that everything is fine. Sykkuno believes that maybe Toast is really just nervous about the competition which is actually 2 days from now on, so he didn't bother pressing his brother about it.

"...Toast?"

His brother looked at him, as both of them walked towards the cafeteria as it is now lunchtime. Even though the debate competition is 2 days from now, their club decided to give them a break for today. "Yes?"

"Um... I know you are busy because of your thing but you kinda promised Lily you would help her with her song..." Sykkuno said

Toast sighed "I didn't promise her... you did, remember?" Toast said "Besides, I will be supporting her but I have a lot in my plate right now."

"But Toast, we have to help her... she is a friend, right? I mean that's what good friends do..."

Toast looked at him "Do you want me to help her?"

"Ummm if... if you can't then I guess it's fine I'm just going to tell her you said no and then I-"

Toast waved him off, effectively cutting him mid-sentence "Nah it's fine, I'll help her."

That made Sykkuno look at his brother "You really would? I mean... I know you are busy this last couple of days because of the thing you have and I don't really want to burden you any further..."

"It's fine Sykkuno, she will just probably need some inputs but Lily can handle her own song." Toast said as they both finally reached the cafeteria where they could already spot where the others are sitting and chatting amongst themselves.

"Sykkuno! Toast!" Lily shouted as she spotted the two of them as they made their way towards the table. Lily grinned at Toast the moment he sat down making Toast roll his eyes at her

"Yeah yeah fine I'll help you." Toast easily said already knowing what the smirking is all about.

Lily whooped at his response "Oh god thank you so much Toast!" she exclaimed "Thank you too Sykkuno! I know he wouldn't have said yes if not for you!"

Sykkuno looked at Lily giving her a shy smile "O-oh that's not the case, Toast is actually more than happy to help!"

"No, I'm not actually." Toast deadpanned