Chapter 5

As they stared at him, Corpse felt like he should be at least a little bit offended.

He should, but he feels like he deserves it.

A little bit.

"You... You adopted a cat...?"

Corpse sighed heavily "Yes Jack, I adopted a cat."

That got him another round of stares. "You adopted a cat because... Sykkuno wanted you to...?"

"For the last time Ludwig, I adopted a cat because I... uh, want a cat."

5up snickered behind his hand, Corpse shot him a slight glare "I'm sorry but that's not how you told us that story the first time."

Corpse rolled his eyes "Shouldn't you be in the debate club or something?" Corpse asked instead

5up just laughed at him "Hey man, I am just glad I am not missing out on this. This shit? This shit is gold."

Corpse just sighed once again for probably the 6th time that hour, he should have just really kept his mouth shut. "Fine, I adopted a cat... with Sykkuno. Is that better?"

For some reason that made Dream laughed so hard that he started sounding like a hot whistling kittle pot. Corpse would have been concerned but he knows that Dream was laughing at him so he wishes that the other man would choke on his own spit.

"Okay calm down everybody, Corpse could you tell us what happened for the last time?" Even though that was his statement, there is a clear amusement evident in Greaseball's tone.

"Okay fine. Basically, me and Sykkuno went around the campus yesterday to take pictures for the photography club. Then he told me he was taking care of a cat... and that he is worried about the cat. So being the good that I am, I volunteered to adopt the cat."

As they all laugh, Corpse is now starting to regret ever changing university, or better yet meeting all of them. "Fuck you all, I hate you all." Corpse said in a deadpanned voice.

"You tell us that story like that man but all we can understand is that you didn't want Sykkuno to be sad so you took the cat." Felix said, not even bothering hiding his chuckle every once in a while.

At least this time, Corpse felt like that is probably why they are laughing at him. "Well... I don't have to explain what I did, to you people." Corpse said instead.

"Oh come on guys!" Jack said gathering their whole attention "That is actually really really sweet of Corpsie to do! Imagine he already scored a date with Sykkunie!"

Corpse was just thankful that he wasn't eating anything or else he would have choked on it "It wasn't a date!" Corpse said already feeling a headache coming up even though it's just lunch time.

Alarmingly, 5up cleared his throat. "Allow me to list evidences of why it is indeed a date Corpse."

"You don't have to-!"

Corpse was cut off as 5up just waved him off "First you two went around the campus, alone. Just the two of you. That's a date. Second. Sykkuno showed you the greenhouse. That's a date, and a really cute one too! Lastly, and I cannot stress this enough, you adopted a cat FOR SYKKUNO because you didn't want him to be sad." 5up then looked at him dead in the eyes "It's a date Corpse."

Dream was laughing all throughout "You cannot argue with a debate master Corpse! It was, in fact, a date." Dream looked at all of them "Can you believe it? Corpse just arrived in the university and yet he was able to score a date with the most liked person in the university! I don't know if you need this but, good luck Corpse a loooot of people would kill to have a date with Sykkuno."