Chapter 15

A/N: I lied, this is not the final chapter. LOL

~o~oOo~o~

Corpse didn't really know what exactly happen, but it was early morning when he received a call saying that he and Rae doesn't need to come to the police station for any of their statement the following morning.

Apparently, the incident that happened yesterday has already reached Toast and Sykkuno's Mom. Which didn't really surprise Corpse, in fact if he knows how to personally reach out to their Mom, he would have called her himself.

After the brief yet useful phone call that Corpse got, Scarra went to get Bimbus on their house. Which, this time, surprised Corpse because he can't figure out how did Scarra know his address.

As much as Corpse wanted to skip his class for the whole day today to visit Sykkuno, he knows he can't. And for the first time, Corpse is actually wary of Toast, that's the only thing stopping him. Granted that he feels really guilty for waiting a long time before telling Toast about his brother's incident and Corpse is really starting to doubt that he and Rae made the right decision to wait before telling Toast about what happened.

Looking back, they should have just immediately told Toast what happened.

But then again, could Rae and Corpse really handle if Sykkuno finds out that his brother skipped because of him?

In the end of it all, they really didn't have a choice.

Now at lunch time, he was sitting at the cafeteria table feeling like shit. Both mentally and physically. He really didn't get enough sleep, worrying for Sykkuno.

If only he could know how the younger man is doing, then maybe Corpse wouldn't feel shit like he is feeling as of the moment.

And it seems like Jack noticed this too because the other man keeps on glancing at him worriedly "Hey man... are you feeling okay?" he finally asked after minutes of just staring at Corpse

Corpse sighed, headache evident on his face "Yeah just... didn't get enough sleep..." technically speaking he wasn't lying, but he also isn't telling the truth.

Jack didn't looked convinced at his words "It's just that... you weren't there yesterday at the debate hall..." Jack said still looking at him "Then you showed up today looking like a dead zombie."

"Zombies are already dead Jack."

Jack nodded "And thus, further proving that you really look like shit Corpse." Jack said "I mean no offense you still look hot but like dead hot."

Corpse chuckled "Thanks Jack..." he muttered "But like what I said, I just didn't get enough sleep yesterday."

Jack hummed "You still didn't answer my question on why aren't you in the debate hall yesterday... to you know support 5up and probably Toast."

Corpse tensed slightly upon hearing Toast's name "Uhh... well it's complicated..."

Jack looked around them "You know..." he started "There have been rumors this morning about Toast..."

That got Corpse's attention, he looked up to Jack "Yeah...? What happened?" he asked

Jack looked at him in confusion before answering "Well... you might not know it but yesterday he won the competition but he... uh didn't received his award, Hafu did." Jack explained "Which really surprised all of us. I mean it's not like Toast would suddenly leave like that, I mean I am sure the supervisor of the debate wouldn't let him but yeah... he was missing after the debate ended..." Jack looked at him "Then rumor started that Toast left after his competition because of Sykkuno... though none of the debate officers would confirm it...."