Chapter 4

As Corpse and Sykkuno walked through the hallways, both fell into a comfortable silence. With Corpse giving Sykkuno a glance once in a while to see if the younger man would initiate a conversation, but he could clearly see that Sykkuno was too shy to do so.

"So... what club are you in?" Corpse finally asked, breaking the silence between them. Corpse already know the answer given that they talked about it literally just a couple of minutes ago, but Corpse wanted to talk to him and that's the first thing that came up to his mind to ask.

Sykkuno looked at him "Oh umm... I didn't actually join any club, but on the bright side I help some clubs whenever I can! Especially the Photography club, since Rae is the president you know?"

Corpse hummed "She is a second year like you right?" at this point Corpse is thankful that Jack and the others has given him information about people 'he needed to know', "How come she is the president?"

"Oh, some clubs like the photography club, votes on whom to elect as their president and well... Rae won by a lot of votes..." Sykkuno explained "And it's a good thing because she really is doing a great job managing the club!"

"How about you?" Corpse question, Sykkuno looked at him with a confused expression. That's why Corpse clarified his question "I mean, why not join any club? From what I heard a lot of clubs would want to have you, especially the mathematics club."

Sykkuno laughed lightly "I don't think that a lot of clubs want me, maybe like one or two clubs but I am not that well known to be seek out like that!"

'Oh yeah the thing about Sykkuno is that he doesn't believe in any compliments thrown at his way, so if you praise him or tell him a good truth about him, he would laugh it off then deny it.' Jack's statement about the younger man suddenly echoed in Corpse's mind as he once again looks at Sykkuno who is smiling at him.

Corpse shakes his head "I don't think that is the case..." he said "But I am genuinely curious why not join any clubs? I mean it's not mandatory but I think it has its own benefits and perks you know?"

Sykkuno then had a weird expression on his face then it was gone in an instant that Corpse had to blink because he thought he was seeing things. The expression was replaced by a small almost wary smile "I... just don't feel like joining one..."

Corpse suddenly felt a shift in the silence between them, so he cleared his throat "I think it's cool of you to help out other clubs despite not being in one of them."

And it seemed like the right thing to say because Sykkuno perked up, the corners of his mouth curling upwards into a smile "You think I am cool for that...?" Sykkuno asked

As Corpse look at the smile directed towards him, he couldn't stop the smile creeping up to his mouth. Sykkuno's smile is infectious, as the others also told him that. Corpse nodded "Yeah... I think your cool for that..."

Sykkuno's smile just got wider, as Corpse finally noticed that they have arrived at their destination. Sykkuno gave him one last look before knocking on the room "Rae...?" he called out as he opened the door a little bit to peek his head inside the room, and for some reason Corpse found that adorable as fuck. "I finally found him... Corpse. I'm sorry I took so long..."

"No problem Sykkuno and thank you!" Corpse heard from the other side of the door as finally he and Sykkuno entered the room.

Corpse looked around pleasantly surprise to find the room quite larger than he expected it to be. 'This club must have plenty of funding...' Corpse thought as his eyes wandered into the latest computers, laptops, and printers at the side of the room. Overall, the room is nice and simple, Corpse is already pleased to have join such a club.