Chapter 14

A/N: One chapter more to go?

~o~oOo~o~

It's been an hour since they got to the hospital.

After the ambulance left with Sykkuno in it, the police came to their house.

Because apparently the neighbors also heard the commotion, especially with Bimbus barking on the road, who is now safe because before completely following Sykkuno into the hospital, Corpse dropped him off in his house because he didn't want Bimbus getting hurt due to the mess in Sykkuno's and Toast's house as of the moment.

It took a while for both of their statement to be taken, Corpse is just glad that the police didn't directly question them on what happened to the woman, not that he would be ashamed to say that he literally punched a woman so hard that it knocked her out unconscious.

Because she really deserves it.

And Corpse would be more than willing to do it again, for Sykkuno.

Anything for Sykkuno.

After the short interrogation of the police, they will be needing to come back again the next morning for a more detailed one because even the police could see that he and Rae are in not emotionally and mentally okay to be properly questioned as of the moment, especially Rae.

For the first time that Corpse met her, she was silent. She is just blankly staring at her blood-stained hands, blood from Sykkuno. It took a gentle nudge from Corpse for Rae to at least wash her hands, which she did very thoroughly.

After regaining some of her composure, Rae provided the police evidences that the woman attacked Sykkuno and not the other way around. Corpse didn't notice it but he was amazed that Rae knows that in Sykkuno's and Toast's house there is a CCTV camera in their front door, it was actually everywhere but one of the camera is placed in where the attacked happened in the first place.

It was just a pure bonus that it was Toast who actually taught Rae how to get the footage from their CCTV camera, in case something happened.

And it was not the first time that Corpse is impressed and in awe on how Toast's brain works in advance.

And now it brings them to their current predicament... the moment they arrived in the hospital after dealing with the police and everything.

Will they tell Toast about this?

_._

"What do we do Corpse? What do we do?" Rae said as she paced around the hallway in the hospital "I mean we need to tell Toast like right now!"

Corpse rubbed his forehead as he could feel a headache coming up to him "Toast is probably starting his competition like right now..."

Rae snapped her head to look at him "Oh god everything is messed up!" she said "It would take 3 hours for Toast's competition to even finish! Do you honestly think that we should wait 3 hours to tell Toast that his brother is in the hospital? We can't do that to him Corpse!"

Corpse knows this, he knows it too well. Corpse took a deep breath knowing that he and Rae are on the same boat right now, both are confused, worried and most importantly scared for Sykkuno. "I know that Rae, trust me." Corpse said as he looked at Rae straight in the eyes "But... if Sykkuno wakes up... and he learned that Toast literally ditched the competition for him then..."

That made Rae slowly sat down, energy draining out of her. She sighed, tired and wary "I don't know what to do now Corpse..." Rae softly said "Both of them are our friends... Toast... I feel like if I don't tell him then it feels like I am betraying him you know? But then Sykkuno... oh god..."