Chapter One

ONE MONTH LATER

Korra stared at her in disbelief. A flicker of anger could be evident in her eyes. She wanted to yell at her, she was about to. Yet the second she opened her mouth no words came out. Asami was frozen in the spot. She didn't say anything, she didn't move, she patiently waited for Korra to continue.

"Can we talk?" The Avatar mumbled.

"Yes, but I can't right now-"

Korra glared at her, ignoring the rest of the sentence. It was always the same. She asks if they can talk then Asami says 'yes but not now'. It was always the same and Korra was getting sick of it.

"No. We need to talk. Now," she snarled catching the engineer off guard.

"Korra, I can't right now."

"Then why are you here?"

"I'm working," Asami snapped unintentionally. Korra raised her brow in confusion, "What do you mean you're working?"

"Tenzin called and said he needed some help," she replied.

"We need to talk, I'm sure Tenzin will understand."

"Korra, I need to go, we'll talk later," Asami said and turned around ready to leave the girl alone but Korra's hand gripped Asami's wrist, preventing her from moving. The green-eyed girl glanced back in shock.

"No! You've been ignoring me for the past month and every time I try to talk to you, you make up some dumb excuse. Now, Asami. We need to talk, now."

Asami sighed. She didn't have time for this. Tenzin had called her an hour ago and she was already late, Korra was just making things difficult.

"Can we talk later-"

"Asami, I've been trying to have a normal conversation with you for weeks already, but you keep using the same excuse. I'm not letting you go to Tenzin until we talk, and I don't care if you're late."

"I'm already running late, can we talk later!" Asami snapped, "I finish with work at 9 PM today, if you want to talk so badly just come to my place later."

Korra's mouth opened slightly. She wasn't expecting that. The last time they were at the Sato Mansion together things didn't go as planned and now she simply gets invited to the place? Asami walked away from her leaving the girl inconsiderably shocked.

Korra shook her head, she eyed her glider and sighed. Gotta blow off some steam, she thought as she picked up the metal staff.

Walking around Republic City at night was nice and calm. Flying around the city was a different story. Korra was flying for hours already, she lost track of time just by doing loop de loops in mid-air. After a while, she landed in front of the Sato Mansion.

Anxiety filled the air when she rang the doorbell. It was already past nine so Korra wasn't worrying about being late or early. The door swung open and the butler let her in.

"Avatar Korra, I assume you're here for Madam Sato?" he questioned and Korra nodded.

"She's in her office, would you like me to escort you?"

"Thanks, I'm good," she replied and headed upstairs.

Korra's been here so many times and yet she still got lost on the way to Asami's office. Time stopped when she got to the door. She knocked and heard shuffling on the other side. A faint 'yes' was spoken and Korra walked in.

Asami's eyes widened. She didn't think Korra would actually show up. And she was early too. The green-eyed girl glanced at the clock. She sighed when she noticed that she'd lost track of time. Again. The Avatar was an hour late not early.