Chapter Twenty Two

"I love you," Asami repeated, feeling her heart swell at the overwhelming love she felt for the girl in front of her. "I'm all yours." She flipped over under Korra, pulling her legs out from between her's and spreading them over top of her thighs.

Korra beamed and bent down to capture Asami's mouth in a tender kiss. She pulled back to look into her eyes as she tilted in with one smooth motion making Asami gasp in pleasure, her green eyes falling shut. Korra felt like an extension of her body when they both could feel the movements, and she marveled at how something artificial could make them feel so connected.

"I love you too," she finally replied.

She moved back and forth in idle pushes. It pressed forward and back, applying pressure to all of her raw spots and soon she was panting, grinding against Asami with frantic need. Asami reached up to push the hair from her eyes, admiring her beautiful girlfriend as she chased her climax. Suddenly she let out a defeated moan and her eyes clutched shut.

"Asami, fuck, I'm gonna come," she said, her voice high as she tilted her head to Asami's chest. With several more hard grinds of her hips, she came with a fragile whimper, slumping against her small frame as her body trembled.

"That's it, baby," Asami urged soothingly, stroking her back and squeezing her close as little groans fell from her lips. Korra pointed out and pressed their lips together, her head still light from the rapture of her orgasm.

"I love you," she mumbled against her lips.

"I love you too," Asami replied, her words muffled by Korra's mouth, her wide smile broke the kiss. Korra breathed peacefully and placed her brow against Asami's, resting in happy silence.

"We should probably head over to Zhu Li's office."

"Give it a minute."

----------------------

"We've received reports that the Earth Empire holdouts are on the move in Gaoling. It appears Guan and his troops are heading toward the capital," Zhu Li started as she eyed everyone before sighing in disappointment, "And why are Korra and Asami late again?!"

Just as her words left her mouth Asami and Korra barged in the office, everyone's eyes lading on the two. Korra opened her mouth to speak but Zhu Li cut her off, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Traffic."

Korra's mouth closed and she nodded. The two girls sat down next to Mako and Bolin who both looked at them skeptically.

"What's up with your hair?" Mako whispered toward Korra who's hands immediately found their way toward her hair. She flattened the rustled strands and chuckled, "Dunno, must be the wind."

Mako was about to argue, that there is no wind but Wu continued with their conversation from earlier.

"They're going to try to stop the election, just like we feared!"

Asami replied, "What about sending in the United Forces? They could pressure Guan to back off."

The president shook her head, "No, I will only deploy them if there's no other option. I don't want to incite another war."

"I agree. There's gotta be a way to resolve this peacefully."

Korra was awfully quiet during the whole time. Asami was the only one who noticed that the water tribe girl looked a bit uneasy. The Avatar had a plan alright, it just wasn't a good one. She glanced at the president before opening her mouth to speak, "I actually have an... idea... but you all might want to relax before I tell you what I'm thinking."

Asami's expression hardened, "I assume your idea has something to do with whatever Kuvira told you?"

Upon hearing this, Mako, Bolin, and Wu all looked at Korra in surprise.

"Wait, you met with Kuvira?" Mako questioned.

"Yes, I wanted her thought on how to handle Guan."

"And what did she say?"

"That she's our best chance to get the holdouts to surrender. So, I'm thinking ... what if we brought Kuvira with us?"

Asami stared at Korra in disbelief, the sheer thought of being so close to Kuvira made her skin crawl. She was not about to agree to this, the hell with the Earth Kingdom. "I told you I didn't want to be in the same room as her, and now you expect us to welcome her to the team?"

"I wasn't crazy about the idea at first, either and I'm not saying Kuvira would be a part of our team but with her help, we can avoid another all-out battle and put an end to the Earth Empire, once and for all."

"But Kuvira's the worst. She threatened my life! More than once!" Bolin shrieked.

Mako lifted his left scarred arm, "I almost lost my arm taking out her mecha-giant's engine."

"Korra they have a point, she nearly destroyed Republic City," Zhu Li reasoned.

Asami glared at her girlfriend before choking out, "She was our enemy. She killed my father."

Wu stood up, "And let's not forget how she ruined my coronation!"

After he had said that he sat back down when everyone gave him looks of annoyance. He stared at everyone with an apologetic look, "Sorry... I probably should have aired my grievance first."

Korra took a deep breath, "I know. Kuvira has hurt us all. Terribly. But before she was our enemy, Kuvira was our ally. She was the captain of Su's guard and helped us fight Zaheer and the Red Lotus. And there's part of me that feels like I still owe her for saving my father's life at Laghima's Peak."

"You don't own her anything," Asami practically spat out, jealous flowing through her veins.

"We don't know which version of Kuvira is going to show up if we bring her with us," Mako countered.

"Look, Kuvira thought she had died when we were blasted into the spirit world. It was a huge wake-up call for her. When I visited her in prison, I could see that she's still broken. I think she really wants to redeem herself in the eyes of the world, and her people. I say we give her that chance."

Bolin nodded, "Kuvira has a special talent for getting people to do things they don't want to do. For once, we can use that skill to our advantage."

Asami and Wu stayed quiet, both completely disagreeing with the idea. Zhu Li sighed and nodded her head toward Korra, "You really think this will work?"

"Yeah."

Mako hesitated but smiled after a moment of silence, " I promised I'd always have your back, Korra. So I'm in."

Bolin nodded in approval. Everyone was waiting for Asami and Wu's answer. Asami gave nothing and Wu replied, "If Team Avatar's on board, then count me in too!"

"I'll sign an order for Kuvira's temporary release."