Chapter Twelve

Korra was glaring at the front door nervously. She had a bouquet in her hands which were shaking with fear. This could either end with a happy ending or a very bad one, but she was going to take her chances.

The young Avatar was standing in front of the Sato Mansion. She'd been trying to convince herself to knock or simply let herself in for the past twenty minutes but to no avail, she was just too chicken.

"C'mon Korra, you're the freaking Avatar, you can do this," she pep talked herself.

She let herself in and to her surprise, no one was here. It was already 10 PM and Korra was confused as why to Asami wasn't home. There's no explanation why the engineer wasn't at home. Unless she was still working.

But that would've meant that she'd be down at the construction site. And Korra for sure as hell knew that there was absolutely no way the nonbender was still there. The Avatar's cheeks heated up at her sudden though. What if she's on a date or something?

"Construction site it is," she mumbled to herself as she made her way downtown.

The city has always looked different at night. Ever since Korra got here a couple of years ago she would enjoy the warm winds and moonlight. It was calming, and since not much happened at night it was peaceful. No battles, no fights, just peace.

That was until Korra finally got to the construction site. It was a good half an hour walk from the Sato Mansion. She gripped the bouquet in her hands when she noticed a small flicker of light from Asami's office.

Expect the unexpected, was something people would always say. And Korra didn't expect to find the engineer's office in complete ruins with a small lamp still in fact working, even the security guard was knocked out and bleeding from the side of his head.

The Avatar immediately panicked. The bouquet fell on the floor as she tried to wake the unconscious security guard. He got up with a small groan leaving his mouth.

The man looked around frantically. His gaze was soon cut off short by Korra when she snapped at him, "What happened here?!"

"Not sure... we were ambushed ..."

Korra sighed, what's the point of having security if they can't even keep security around the place.

"Did you get a look at who attacked you?"

"No, they came out of nowhere..."

Korra helped the man up. She made him sit down and drink some water from the ruined water fountain. She checked the radio if it was still working and to her luck, it was. The Avatar radioed Mako who picked up with a groggy voice.

"Who is this and why are you calling in the middle of the night?"

"Mako, it's hardly 10 PM, and it's Korra."

"Korra? What's up?"

" I need you and Bolin to meet me at Asami's new office."

"Everything alright?"

"I have a bad feeling she's in trouble..."

The firebender replied that they'll be there in a few. Korra made the security guard go home, he took some convincing but eventually gave in. Mako and Bolin were taking their time getting here while Korra began to feel impatient. She heard two voices outside and finally sighed in relief when she recognized them.

Bolin was the first to come in sight, "Looks like there was a fight ..."

"You think?!" his older brother snapped.

"Guys!" Korra snarled at the two startling both of them, "Do you know where to find the Creeping Crystal Triad?"

"Yes but-"