Prologue

Adrien stood and watched them. The two of them walking hand in hand in front of him, making their way further into the mall. He shouldn't feel this way, he chose Kagami, he chose to move on from Ladybug and went for a new target, yet here he was wishing and wanting.

She was his best friend. She was the one he should be with. Everything about her was what he truly needed, what he truly wanted. She'd moved on but only because he had. Big mistake on his part. He loved her. He loved her so much he'd began to daydream constantly about her.

"Adrien, come on. We're splitting up. Apparently the girls are going to look at dresses for prom and they don't want us there." As Nino spoke all Adrien could do was look at the girl he longed to be with.

Luka was whispering in her ear causing her to smile, that smile could light the world if the sun ever ran out of energy. It lit his world daily. He could have had it, he could of had her.

The day he found out about her soul mark was the day he felt like his heart had been torn out and stamped on. He was too late to realise exactly how he felt about the girl with the beautiful smile. Stupid, stupid Adrien. Plagg was right, there was no getting out of this mistake. She was with Luka now and he had got himself into a situation he had no idea how to get out of.

"I'll come with you, Adrien. I have no interest in mediocre dresses," Kagami had grabbed ahold of his hand. He'd forgotten she was there for a moment. He was too engrossed in the raven haired girl with the sky blue eyes. But he'd made his choice. For now he needed to try and make this work. He could only pray that he'd get a second chance. That fate would bring them together as they're meant to be.

They separated. Boys one way, girls the other. As the distance between them grew, Adrien felt something overpower his stomach, he suddenly felt sick. A swirling, twisting sensation inside his stomach drew acid up his throat, something wasn't right, in fact something was very, very wrong.

All of a sudden a sound ricocheted down the mall's hallway causing undeniable screams and chaos. Adrien looked around trying to see if it was an akuma attack, instead only to be met with people running for their lives. Running away from whatever was happening further in the mall.

"Ladies and gentleman please leave the mall immediately. We are locking down, I repeat we are locking down."

The teens began to scramble as they made their way out onto the street. All out for themselves, their own survival. Adrien pushed Kagami towards the exit asking Luka to take her with him. He knew he had to transform, but he couldn't leave until he saw that Marinette had made it out safely too. Luka nodded, face as white as a ghost, as he grabbed Adrien's girlfriends hand and ran out the building, along with the rest of their friends.

Adrien began to make his way towards the restrooms, preparing to become his alter ego. He pushed through the mounds of people as they tried to turn him in the opposite direction. To turn him to safety.

His leg buckled as he continued to fight through the crowd, something wasn't right. A pain suddenly shot through his leg. It was excruciating, a flame burning through each and every muscle.

"Plagg?"

"It'll go when you transform, kid. It's your soulmate. She been seriously hurt." Adrien felt sick. His soulmate? His soulmate?Marinette? Fear coursed through his veins, if he was feeling it then she hadn't escaped. She'd got hit. He needed to find her. His Princess.

"Adrien! Adrien!" Alya ran towards him and grabbed his arm. Her face was pale, with fear evident in her eyes.

"Alya? Calm down, you need to get out of here." He firmly tried to push her towards the door but she wasn't moving.