My courage always rises

As Marinette charged into the school atrium she looked around for the one person who she could talk to. Scanning the scene she spotted the familiar pink hair and marched over.

"Morning, everyone." Marinette spoke in her sweet voice, looking between the group of friends currently gathered near the staircase. She suddenly moved her head to the side and caught Alix's eye.

Alix looked back at her master with one eyebrow raised and a slight smirk on her face. Having Alix as a permanent Miraculous holder was actually becoming a helpful situation. For once in her life Marinette had someone to talk to, someone to question. Not that Alix could tell too much, as Bunnyx she wasn't allowed to reveal all that she knew. Including Marinette and Adrien's twisted love lives, but she was sure enjoying the ride, seriously all she needed most days was popcorn and she would swear she was watching a Oscar winning movie.

"Morning Marinette, you look like you didn't sleep too well." Marinette's face changed as Alix commented on her ravelled appearance, sometimes that girl gave too much away with her facial expressions.

"Alix is right, Mari. Was it the excitement of finding out you will have to kiss Adrien?" Kim pulled kissing faces at his friend before bursting out laughing.

"Har har, very funny Kim. Now please would you mind if I stole Alix. I need to speak to her about something very important." Marinette made sure a lot of emphasis went into those last two words, that way Alix knew, not that she didn't already.

"See you later guys." Alix waved at Kim and Max before walking off. Marinette scurried to follow the girl into a quiet, secluded spot.

"I can't tell you anything Marinette." Alix said, she was still facing away from her friend checking the coast was clear for them to talk. Alix was such a fantastic Miraculous holder. She'd never do anything to risk the safety of her job, especially with the guardian standing right behind her.

"As much as I would love to know what is happening with the mess in my life, it's not that I want to talk about." Alix turned around and looked over Marinette.

Alix knew the timeline, she'd seen this one during a recent battle she'd been brought in on. It was going to be slow and painful but the result was magical, and Alix didn't want it to go any other way. Her friends would finally be together and finally be happy.

"You had a dream last night?" Alix asked.

Marinette nodded, so Alix did know what was going on.

"Chat Blanc?" Again Marinette nodded.

"Marinette, I can't tell you anything about it. I'm ... I'm sorry but you're just going to have to get through it some how."

"Alix, I'm barely keeping up with everything as it is, and now having to do this project with Adrien. I just need to know ... will Chat Blanc effect my future."

"The future's unwritten Marinette, it's up to you to choose your own path. You know that." Marinette walked over onto the bench and slumped down. She really prayed that Alix would be able to help in some way. There must be some piece of evidence that could help.

Alix looked over at her incredibly brave friend and wondered if there was anything she could say without changing the timeline. She liked the way this one went. This one went right. In this one they won.

"Listen, Mini Bug," Alix moved and positioned herself next to Marinette. "What is it about the dream that scares you so much?"

"We destroyed the world, Alix, you saw it with your own eyes."

"My older eyes, Marinette, by the time you gave me the right to keep the Miraculous the timelines had already changed."

Marinette looked up at her smaller friend with wide eyes. That was right, Alix had never seen anything related to Chat Blanc. Just what her older self had told her and what Marinette had. She thought back to Timetagger, perhaps their future was different, perhaps her dreams about Chat Blanc were now just that, dreams.