Electrified Touch

Hey Luka, I know it's the weekend and you're busy with practice but is there any chance we could talk? If not don't worry, but if you could that would be super duper!!

Marinette grumbled and threw her phone next to her on her bed. Her hands went up to cover her eyes as she exasperated a low, deep groan.

"What was that?" A small voice sounded out.

"Do you think there's a dragon akuma about?" Another voice answered.

"No guys, it's just me!" Marinette moved her hands from her face to look at the kwami's. It was another Sunday, another day of isolation and another day of boredom. Life as the guardian was hard. Really she should be up creating power ups, she'd set her alarm specially for that reason. Sometimes she believed Chat would have made the better Guardian.

The sound of her phone bleeped next to her and she absent mindedly patted her hand around to pick it up. The patting wasn't working. With another scary dragon sound, according to Longg, Marinette sat up and grabbed her phone.

Her eyes scanned across her cork board as she placed her hand on the treasure she was searching for. There, staring at her, was Adrien. No matter which pictures were on her board, or how much she moved them around it was always Adrien that hit her eyeline. He was like a magnet to her, but she couldn't understand why? She needed to get over this, she needed to get over him. He had a girlfriend, he had a soulmate and she now had a boyfriend and a soulmate. Yes her soulmate didn't know this yet and he wasn't the one she was dating, however she was hoping one day soon (sixteen days to be precise) she could tell Chat Noir and they could sail off into the sunset together. Princess and dark knight. Bug and cat.

Her birthday was getting so close. She prayed it would give her the closure she needed to end this pining and move on with her life. She needed to let Adrien go, but why was it so hard? And Luka? Poor sweet Luka. She really was a horrible girl sometimes.

Finally trapping her phone in her hand, she saw the notification.

Luka

"Well that didn't take him long." Sass commented.

"You know Luka, always there when you need him. Mr pure of heart and too good to be true."

For some reason, as she spoke, the sarcasm dripped from her tongue. Was she resenting Luka? No she couldn't be! She wasn't like that. Well, she never used to be. Ok, so sometimes she resented Luka. He just seemed to have it sorted. So calm and collected, so pure of heart. Could the guy do no wrong?

Luka: Sure. Will be there in about an hour x

She'd decided she was going to tell Luka the truth. As much as she could, that is. He was a support system for her, and she loved him for what he did to help her, but the truth now was she'd found her soulmate. She'd found the one person who would never let her down. Chat. The black suited hero just wouldn't, in ways no one would understand. There was no chance her devoted partner wouldn't take her in his arms and prove just how much she meant to him.

"Are you sure you want to do this Marinette?" Tikki came to settle on her holder's shoulder, noticing Marinette was looking through her phone, googling and pulling up pictures of Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Marinette let out a sigh and saved a couple of the pictures to her camera roll. The more she thought about it, the better she felt. Ladybug and Chat Noir. Everyone was going to lose their minds. Although, it would have to remain on the down low until Shadow Moth was defeated. She would never want to put her kitty in a situation where he could be hurt.

Closing her camera roll, she took another look at her picture wall. It was time for a change. For the next hour she removed any pictures that were Adrien or Luka, the wall would only be from group pictures now and pictures of her and her friends. No magazine pictures of Adrien, and no individual pictures of Luka. It was time for a change. It was time for her to grow up.