Romantica

"So, how was the date?" Alya had sprang onto Marinette first thing Monday morning wanting to know everything possible from Marinette's outing with Luka. Marinette had to admit every time she thought back to it a smile stretched across her face. Luka was fun and charming, and most importantly he made her feel special. He made her feel exactly the way she always dreamt Adrien would.

"You know ... it was ... nice." Marinette replied as she began to play with the strap of her bag.

"Nice? That smile on your face says it was more than 'nice', girl."

"Ok fine. He was sweet and kind, and if I'm being honest I'm willing to give this a try until I have a clue who my soulmate is."

Alya squeaked and hung around her best friends shoulders.

"I'm so proud of you Mari. This is a big deal."

"I know. I understand now that what is meant to be will happen. I've just got to go with the flow, and having Luka supporting me and being there ... well ... it's lovely."

Alya placed both her hands on Marinette's shoulders and stared at her, she lifted one finger up in front of Marinette sky blue eyes and moved it from side to side.

"Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?"

Marinette laughed as she pushed Alya away and made her way up to her desk.

"I'm moving on," Alya went to speak only to be interrupted by her friend, "for real this time."

"-but"

"No buts Alya, he has a soulmate and she's one of my friends. I just want them to be happy and they must be, they're soulmates. There's nothing I can do about it now, it just wasn't meant to be. We're not made for each other."

"And I'm a monkeys uncle."

"What?" Marinette said to her friend quizzically. "You're a what?"

"A monkeys uncle," Marinette continued to look at her friend with a blank face. "Oh forget it. I just want to know though has Adrien actually told you, or shown you his soul marking?"

"Well, no. But I know Kagami. I know she doesn't lie."

Alya looked over at Marinette unsure if she should say anything. She'd promised Adrien she'd make sure Marinette didn't presume, but also her friend was happy. It would be unfair to pull this 'moving on' train apart. Even if Adrien isn't Kagami's soulmate, there was no guarantee he'd be Marinette's either. So what was the point of throwing a spanner in the works? Right?

"As long as you're happy girl." Alya announced instead.

"For once, in a long time, I actually am."

The girls giggled to each other as Marinette continued to talk about her date with Luka. She couldn't deny that she enjoyed spending time with the blue haired boy, and she was quite sure he enjoyed spending time with her, though something still wasn't quite right, and she was sure it had something to do with the soul links.

He felt like a brother. When he'd tried to kiss her goodnight she would have gladly taken it on the cheek, to be honest she wanted it, but as soon as began to head towards her lips - she'd freaked out, screamed and ran into the house. She wasn't sure what the difference was between her feelings for him and his feelings for her, especially as they weren't soulmates. There was t that overpowering connection. She thought he wouldn't be as straight on with her, regardless of the obvious attraction.

Marinette just decided to give up on her over thinking, this was becoming too complicated and with everything going on in her life at the moment, complicated wasn't good. She needed to chill and go with the flow.