He's Home

The hollas and cheers of their friends surrounded the class as they continued to get reacquainted with each other, lips to lips, in a tight embrace. Marinette pulled herself away from him and placed a hand either side of his face, smiling brightly at her most favourite person. He smiled back and her heart fluttered. For the first time since the encounter with Shadowmoth she felt like everything might just be okay.

"You're here. You're really here," she said, just loud enough for Adrien to hear.

He reached a hand up and brushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, his eyes not for a moment leaving hers.

"I'm really here," he replied. Adrien placed his hands on Marinette's hips and bent down again to meet her for another kiss.

Wolf whistles sounded around the room and the heroes broke apart laughing. Adrien pulled her into himself, allowing her to tuck her head under his chin as they looked around at their friends. They weren't sure if they were embarrassed or too in love to care.

"Ms. Bustier, why aren't you stopping this? You know you're not allowed to make out in the lycée grounds. It's prohibited."

Ms. Bustier, their confidant, just looked away.

"I don't know what you mean, Lila, I'm quite sure they're just reenacting their Darcy and Elizabeth scene."

"What?" A banshee squeal left the liar's mouth as Lila stood up and slammed her palms down on the table.

"Lila just sit down please," the class cheered as Ms. Bustier put Lila in her place. They'd been routing for this ship for years and no one was going to stop it.

"Sit down? You've got to be kidding right? Wait until M. Agreste hears about this."

"Well considering he's in prison, Lila, I don't think he'll have a lot to say about it." Surprisingly it was Juleka who spoke up, shocking everyone around her, including the couple themselves. Another cheer broke out around the room, Adrien and Marinette laughing at the sheer comedy of it all.

With a huff, Lila dropped back down in her seat before looking over to Chloe for some sort of alliance. However, Lila was met with Chloe smirking at her, before she lifted a hand and created a little finger wave. She might not be overly happy it's Marinette Adrien has ended up with but she washappy it was pissing Lila off so much. She supposed Adrien being so happy might be a plus point too, but only a little bit, it was still Marinette after all.

Adrien pulled himself away from his soulmate and guided her into their seats. Neither of them were willing to tear their eyes from each other in fear one would slip away again. They were back now and more importantly, they were back together.

"Now, don't forget everyone, today is your last chance to vote for Prom King and Queen. The dance is tomorrow night and it will be fabulous to see everyone there." Ms. Bustier looked up to where Marinette and Adrien were seated. "Welcome back Adrien." He finally removed his eyes from Marinette to give his thank you to Ms. Bustier and the rest of the class for all their support.

He was home, finally.

"Hey," Marinette gave him a small smile.

"Hey," he replied back.

"Hey," Alix turned around in her seat, and crossed her arms on their desk, giving the two heroes an eyebrow wiggle. "You two stay," she dropped them a wink and turned back to face the front of the room, just in time for the bell to ring. Adrien and Marinette stared at each other wondering what Alix wanted. There can't be anything more? Could there?

As the class began to gather their items into their bags, Alix remained seated as did Adrien and Marinette.

"You guys coming?" Alya asked, looking between Marinette and Alix. The latter only shrugged in response.