So close, yet so far

2 days until Marinette's Birthday

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." – Helen Keller

The yin and yang Miraculous work together. One can only succeed alongside the other. The soulmark is the representation of a team, of working together.

~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette had been having a lot of dreams since the ice cream venture two days ago, yet there was no explanation for it. Well, no explanation Tikki would give her. Marinette was known for her incredible napping skills, meaning she now had approximately six detailed dreams to over analyse.

Each dream consisted of pretty much the same situation, it was only the context which was different. For example, Chat Noir was Robin Hood, he saved her and made her his bride, next time Chat Noir could be Superman and she would be his Lois Lane, but no matter what the story; Chat saved her. They all felt so real, as though it was a memory more than a fantasy. Reaching out to the Grimoire, she began to look over dreams and soulmates. Unfortunately, the book lacked substance, and she was no greater off than pre Chat dreams.

"Do you think once we reveal we'll be ok?" Marinette was sitting on the floor, books and paper sprayed around her as she spoke with the kwamis. A few times a week she would allow the magical creatures to roam, as long as they promised to not cause any mischief.

"Sure," answered Wayzz, "it just has to be at the right time. It has to be meaningful."

Marinette hummed as she continued looking over her work for the evening. With the Pride and Prejudice assignment speedily coming to a closure, she needed to get a move on with the script and outfit. She picked up the novel, turning to her next page, before placing it down again. She stroked the spine as she thought about the story.

"Do you think Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett fell in love at the right time? It's a long book and they didn't get together until the end."

"That's the idea of romance novels, Marinette. Why would they get together at the beginning? If they did that then there'd be no story." Tikki was snacking on a strawberry macaron as she circled over the book resting open on the floor.

"I understand that, but I want to know if they had children? If they continued to live in such an upper class setting? Did she have a nickname for him? You know, like darling, or lover, or Fitz."

"All love stories are the same. They meet, there are issues, the issues get worse and then they kiss and make up. They have to overcome misunderstandings." Tikki fawned in her usual loved up way. She loved romance, and she loved it even more when it included her bugs.

"Or they blow up the world." Nonchalantly, Marinette commented.

"You need to forget about that, the timeline has passed. It may not happen."

"Would you say that was our drama, or our drama getting worse?" Marinette placed her pencil in her mouth as she sat herself up and reached for a specific selection of notes.

Tikki couldn't say anything, she'd made a deal with Plagg that they would not intervene. Marinette had no idea that they were only at the first hurdle, Adrien's 'relationship' with Kagami. Both kwami's knew this was going to get a lot worse before it got better, and even with their souls being bared to each other, they were still clueless.

"I couldn't say, Marinette. You just need to believe it'll be ok in the end, regardless of what you do," she looked away and huffed out a breath, "or what silly game he plays."