Privatised World Peace

{Chapter Fourteen}

Abby awoke early in the morning to the sounds of her father, Pepper, and Happy packing to leave

Abby awoke early in the morning to the sounds of her father, Pepper, and Happy packing to leave. She forced herself to get out of bed and get dressed into the outfit Pepper had laid out for her the night before.

She wore a dark blue check pleated skirt, with a white jumper and black flats. Her hair fell down to her waist curled from the plaits she had in the night before.

Once she was ready she quickly packed her suitcase and made her way out of her room to where the others waited for her.

"Abby! I was just about to come and get you. We have to leave a little earlier than planned." Pepper told her.

"Why?" Abby asked taking her coat and thanking Happy as he handed it to her.

"You're father is needed at court in Washington DC. We don't have time to take you home so you're going to have to come" The woman sighed as Abby turned to her father with a smile.

"So you're going to court and you believe that it is a good idea to bring me, a nine-year-old child, along with you?" She asked her father.

"It'll be educational." Tony shrugged as they left the hotel.

Washington, DC

"Mister Stark, could we pick from where we left off?" The senator asked trying to gain Tony's attention which was focused on his daughter and Pepper, pulling faces to make Abby giggle while Pepper gave him an annoyed look. "Mister Stark, please!"

"Yes, dear?" Tony finally turned around to face the man.

"Can I have your attention?"

"Absolutely." Tony nodded.

"Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?"

"I do not," Tony replied.

"You do not?" The senator looked at the man with both annoyance and disbelief.

"I do not," Tony repeated before shrugging, "Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon."

"The Iron Man weapon."

Tony shook his head, "My device does not fit that description."

"Well, how would you describe it?"

"I would describe it by defining it as what it is, Senator," Tony said.

"As?"

"It's a high tech prosthesis. That is... That is... That's actually the most apt description I can make of it." Tony explained as those around him laughed.

"It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mister Stark."

"Please, priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen-" Tony started but was soon interrupted by the senator.