Abby's "Episode"

{Chapter Thirty-Two}

Tony Stark stood shakily from the floor, his ears ringing

Tony Stark stood shakily from the floor, his ears ringing. Smoke surrounded him, blocking his eyesight as he glanced around the room frantically. Steve stood beside him yelling something, but nothing could be heard over the loud ringing in his ears except for the groans of pain escaping a young girl's mouth.

"Abby!" The billionaire yelled glancing around the room for his daughter, "Abby!"

Amber Barton rolled over onto her side coughing, her ears were ringing ever so slightly as she attempted to sit up feeling a weight laid across her abdomen. As she sat up, the woman saw that the weight was an arm belonging to Captain America. During the blast, Steve had grabbed her in an attempt to protect her from the fall.

"You okay?" The supersoldier asked, standing up and reaching a hand out to help the blonde to her feet.

Amber nodded, allowing him to help her, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Thanks for that."

Steve smiled, wrapping an arm around her waist to support her as she stumbled slightly as she got to her feet. The two glanced around the room their eyes landing on Tony who seemed like he was lost, his frantic eyes scaling every inch of the room.

The ringing in Tony's ears died down as Steve grabbed his shoulder in an attempt to gain his attention, "Stark, let's go!"

Tony shook Steve off and continued to yell for the young girl. Amber caught sight of the young Stark, who was stirring beside a sea of red hair, they had been thrown through a window causing Tony to worry.

Natasha Romanoff rolled over onto her side, keeping her eyes trained on the small girl beside her while attempting to assure the worried father, "She's okay, Tony. I got her, don't worry."

Tony did not look convinced, but nodded and turned to follow Steve and Amber out of the room knowing that he would be of better use helping them. Natasha turned her worried gaze down onto the young girl.

Abby stirred slightly, whimpering in pain, "Dad!"

Natasha breathed a sigh of relief as the young girl's large green eyes opened glancing around her. Abby's breathing was uneven as her whole body burned her head throbbing. Her eyes filled with tears as her hands shook. Natasha reached over, taking the girl's hand in an attempt to comfort her while also responding to Fury through her earpiece.

"We're okay." At that point, the two could hear grunting coming from beside them. Looking over they found Banner laid beside them grunting in pain. Natasha's eyes widened as she stared at the man, "We're okay, right?"

Abby clearly began to panic, her breathing speeding up as she looked at the Doctor and then down at Natasha's trapped leg. Natasha glanced at the girl and plastered a fake smile onto her face in an attempt to comfort the girl.