Retirement

{Chapter Twenty-Eight}

Amber sat beside Steve on the Quinjet as he read the information S

Amber sat beside Steve on the Quinjet as he read the information S.H.I.E.L.D had on the experts they were bringing in to find the cube. Phil Coulson stood beside them watching the world's first Superhero in awe. Amber found it slightly creepy, the fascination the agent had with the blonde man sat on her left. If she had just come out of ice after seventy years she would not want people gawking at her.

"So this Doctor Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?"

Amber did not take her eyes off the iPad in front of her reading the information at record speed as she replied, "A lot of people were."

"You were the world's first superhero. Banner thought Gammer Radiation might hold the key to unlocking Erskine's original formula." Coulson elaborated.

"Didn't really go his way did it?" Steve muttered.

Amber shrugged, "I've seen worse."

Steve glanced over at the young woman whose eyes stayed on the iPad ignoring his gaze.

"When he's not that thing though, the guys like a Stephen Hawking," Coulson assured the Captain.

Amber looked up, giggling at the confused look on Steve's face. It surprised her how much he did not know. She sympathized with him though. She couldn't imagine how hard it must be waking up to a world you don't understand. A world that has changed so much. A world that makes him an outsider.

"He's like a smart person," Coulson explained awkwardly before going full-blown fangirl, "I gotta say, it's an honor to meet you officially. I sort of met you. I mean, I watched you while you were sleeping."

Amber smiled, amused, as Steve stood to look out the window over the piolet's shoulders, "Coulson, you're bordering on stalker"

"I mean, I was present while you were unconscious from the ice," Coulson spoke trying to redeem himself, "It's just a huge honor to have you onboard this..."

Steve looked slightly overwhelmed and stressed staring into the horizon.

"I hope I'm the man for the job."

"Oh, you are absolute." Coulson nodded.

Steve turned to look at Amber. She was wearing what looked like business wear. She wore a navy blazer over a white blouse and a black pencil skirt. Her hair was pulled into a bun on top of her head with a pencil that seemed to be holding it up. Her sea-green eyes sparkled showing that she was a happy person and laughed a lot. Her cheeks were pink with a natural blush. She didn't look like a spy, she seemed too young, innocent.