The Familiar Stranger

=Chapter Twenty-Five=

Abby made her way down the stairs of the large mansion passing her fellow class-mates and smiling at them as she passed

Abby made her way down the stairs of the large mansion passing her fellow class-mates and smiling at them as she passed. The young girl had been in New York for almost a week and her father and Pepper had agreed that she should go to the school for Mutants while she was there to keep up with her school work. Professor Xavier immediately agreed after he had been trying to get Abby to agree to be a full-time student at the school for over a year.

Abby enjoyed being at Xavier's school, however, she couldn't help but want a normal life. Well, as normal of a life she could get with Iron Man as a father. She had been taught how to control her abilities and explored the different levels that she could access.

As she made her way to the bottom of the stairs the young girl passed Peter, the mutant that had been with Xavier when he had attempted to recruit her as a student. When Abby had started attending the school at the beginning of the week Peter had been there to show her around and keep an eye on her.

"Hey, Abby." He smiled down at her.

"Hi!" Abby greeted.

"Where you headed?" Peter asked her as students passed on their way to their dorm rooms.

"I have to go and see the Professor before I leave. Then I'm going to my mum's cafe to get some food." The young Stark shrugged.

Peter nodded with a smile before he was shouted over by one of the teachers. With a small goodbye, the two parted ways. Abby made her way to a large wooden door knocking and waiting to be called in.

"Come in." A voice called from inside.

Abby opened the door to see Professor Xavier sat behind his desk facing Storm and Logan.

"Sorry to interrupt. You told me you wanted to see me before I left." Abby spoke politely.

"Yes, of course. We can continue this conversation at a later date," The professor nodded at the two.

Abby quickly moved out of the way as Logan made his way past her. He had frightened the girl since she first started attending the school and she had tried to avoid him like the plague. Storm smiled softly at the girl as she passed causing the girl to smile back brightly.

"I hope you've enjoyed your week." Xavier smiled at her.

"I have." Abby nodded taking a seat across from him.

"And have you reconsidered my offer to attend permanently?" The professor questioned.

"My home is still in Malibu with my parents and I have a school there." Abby reminded him.