Not A Heart Surgeon

{Chapter Five}

That night Tony took his daughter home

That night Tony took his daughter home. It was late, the press conference had caused chaos, not only in the public but with Obediah. But that night he didn't care, he just wanted to get his daughter into the safety of their home.

The petite girl sat between Tony and Pepper her head resting against her father's shoulder as she slept. When the car pulled up outside the Malibu Mansion, Tony climbed out of the car carrying Abby not wanting to waker her up.

Pepper followed the two inside, pulling Abby's case behind her.

"I'll be back tomorrow to help Abby unpack," Pepper said quietly, "If that is all, Mister Stark, I will be heading home."

"That will be all, Ms. Potts." Tony nodded. The woman turned to leave but was stopped by her boss' voice, "Pepper. Thank you."

"Welcome home, Tony." Pepper smiled before leaving.

When his assistant had left Tony looked down at the sleeping child in his arms before carrying her upstairs. Laying the girl on her bed Tony removed her shoes before taking them to the closet.

Abby's eyes fluttered open to find herself in her bedroom. Looking around and noticing she was alone the girl began to panic.

"Dad?!" She called tears swimming in her eyes as her anxiety increased.

"I'm here," Tony said walking out of the closed. "It's okay" He sat on the bed beside the girl and she reached forward to hug him.

"Please don't leave me." She whispered.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." He replied.

Abby pulled away from her father and laid her head back on her pillow. She wanted to stay up and talk with Tony but three months of sleepless nights had finally caught up to her.

Tony watched as the ten-year-old tried to fight much-needed sleep. Moving closer to her, he rested his back against the headboard of her bed. Abby moved to rest her head on his chest her eyes drooping as her father stroked her hair comfortingly.

The next morning Pepper arrived at a quiet house. She made her way into the workshop looking for Tony to find it empty. When she reached the top of the stairs she went to Abby's room to make sure she was awake. Opening the door she found both Tony and Abby. Tony was sleeping with Abby sat beside him reading her book.

Pepper smiled at the scene as Abby looked up at her. "Hi, Pepper." The girl smiled.

"Hey, do you want to get dressed and come down for breakfast?" Peper asked.

"Okay." Abby nodded. Pepper left the room while Abby climbed off her bed and to her closet to get dressed. Once she had dressed and brushed her hair and teeth Abby returned to her room to see her father was gone. The girl frowned slightly but went continued downstairs to where Pepper was waiting with breakfast.