The Suits

{Chapter Ten}

Abby laid in bed staring at the ceiling

Abby laid in bed staring at the ceiling. She had just woken up. She didn't know what time it was just that it was late. Moving to reach and turn on the lamp on her bedside table and picked up her book opening it.

She laid there reading until she heard the voices. She couldn't identify the voices but being the curious girl she was she wanted to know who was there.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed and slipped her feet into her slippers. As she made her way out of the door she grabbed the jumper that was hung on the back and carried it down with her in case she got cold.

When she reached the top of the stairs she looked down to see Obediah stood over her father.

"Too bad you had to involve Pepper in this. I would have preferred that she lived." The bald man spoke as the small girl padded her way down the stairs.

Tony looked past Obediah to see his daughter making her way towards them with a smile on her face and his heart sunk.

"Dad?" Abby asked as she entered the room, sensing the tension the girl's smile slowly faded. Obediah's head snapped up at the sound of the soft voice.

"Hey, Abby." The man took a step towards the girl but glancing at her father she took a step back.

"What's wrong with my dad?" She questioned glancing past the man at her father.

"Nothing, sweetie he's just feeling a little under the weather," Obediah assured her. As much as he hated it, Obediah knew he couldn't leave Abby with what she had seen.

"What are you doing here, Obie?" Abby asked her voice shaking slightly as she spoke, her fear obvious.

"I just came to talk to your dad." Obediah shrugged trying to distract her but failing. Abby glances past him at her father and backed away slightly.

"Maybe I should call 9-1-1," Abby muttered grabbing a phone.

"Oh no, you don't," Obediah spoke taking the phone from the girl, "You always been this smart Abby, or have you been spending too much time with your dad?"

"What did you do to my dad?" Abby growled and the man gripped her upper arm.

"You know what kid, you and I are gonna go for a ride," Obediah said pulling the girl along with him out of the house.

"No!" She screamed, "Let me go! Dad! Daddy, please! Don't let him take me!"

Tony watched helplessly as the man he had thought to be his friend dragged his daughter away from him. When they left the house Obediah stuffed the small girl into the trunk of his car.

"Please! Stop!" Abby cried.

"I'm sorry kid. I really didn't want you to get caught up in this." Obediah sighed before closing her into darkness.