The Redhead From Legal

{Chapter Fifteen}

Abby sat on the bus with her friend Violet on their way home

Abby sat on the bus with her friend Violet on their way home. Pepper usually picked her up but she was busy and didn't know if she would make it on time. The nine, nearly ten, years old didn't mind taking the bus, sure she didn't like being around so many people but she was fine while talking to Violet.

"So what's gonna happen with your dad and his suits?" Violet asked her friend.

"I don't know. I don't think he's gonna let them take them away though." Abby shrugged looking out of the window. The two continued their discussion until the bus stopped outside Abby's home. Saying goodbye to her only friend Abby made her way off the bus and entered her home.

"Welcome home, Miss Stark." The voice of Jarvis spoke when the youngest Stark entered the home.

"Hi, Jarvis! Is my dad or Pepper home?" Abby asked as she threw her bag onto the couch.

"Both Mister Stark and Miss Potts are downstairs." The AI replied as the girl made her way through the house.

"Thanks!" Abby made her way downstairs to see her father and Pepper talking while her father stood on the counter, "Hi," She spoke to make her presence known.

"Hey, munchkin!" Tony smiled at his daughter as Pepper glared at him.

"Is Pepper mad at you?" The young girl asked as she approached the two.

"I took down her favourite picture." Tony shrugged.

"That is not my point." Pepper huffed exasperated by the man.

"Then what is your point?" Tony asked turning away from his daughter to face the woman. Pepper then began to rant about Tony's lack of involvement in his company causing Abby to zone out. She found all the talk about the company boring. She would rather watch paint dry than talk about Stark Industries.

"It's boring. Boring. I'm giving you a boring alert." Tony yelled over the woman, finally saying something Abby could agree with, "You do it."

"I do what?" Pepper asked confused.

"Excellent idea. I just figured this out." Tony praised himself, "You run the company."

"I'm trying to run the company." Pepper nodded as Abby smiled realizing what her father was trying to do.

"Pepper, I need you to run the company." Tony repeated as the woman spoke over him, "Well, stop trying and do it. I'm not asking you to try, I need you to do it."

"I am!" Pepper argued.

"You're not listening to me!" Tony spoke his voice getting louder.

Abby who had already lost interest had already walked away and picked up a book reading.

"He's trying to make you CEO," Abby told the woman in a bored tone not looking up from her book.

"Exactly! Why won't you let me?" Pepper looked at her boss, dumbfounded.