Creating a happy place

Daydream of a place, it could be a building or perhaps a peaceful bit of scenery like a mountain top with forestry.

Imagine the surroundings, every small detail or sense you feel or smell.

The smooth tile of the floor or the dirt below your feet.

A dense forest in complete solitude.

The colours are vibrant but easy going on the eyes all at the same time.

Nothing but the noise of leaves swaying and a near by river rushing.

You are now placed on a worn down gravel footpath as you choose where you go without any form of a destination, only tranquility as you walk.

The sun can hardly reach your skin through the trees but when it does, it is a welcomed warmth that relaxes your soul a little more each time.

The air is so crisp with the innocence of an untouched land by civilization, only you and your vacant mind.

The song birds faintly orchestrate a melody that sings it's way into your ears and soon into your heart.

It smells of bitter pine and earthy soil as you tread on this ground.

A home, perhaps your mother's or your own but it is gentle.

The smells of freshly baked pastries fill the air as you gaze out of the kitchen window.

Whatever music that settles you most, plays timidly in the distance.

Here, it is empty.

Not a soul aside from your own.

You wander throughout this home and with each step you take comes a deeper inhale.

When your lungs expand with oxygen, you breathe in all of your hardships.

Every sorrow, fault, anger and negative thought fills your lungs and makes them heavy with guilt.

Soon following is your exhale and with that comes release.

Every piece of heaviness leaves your lungs and joins the air, becoming one with the atmosphere as you stand completely still.

Let your shoulders hang with peace, let your eyelids collapse.

Let butterflies of bliss flutter within your mind and heart as they bring a sense of relief.

These are happy places.

Though, it may vary from one individual to another, the purpose of creating this happy place is similar.

To rid of all that cripples the mind and in turn making it into a beautiful piece of imagination.