My love

The sky's have went from a baby blue to a dreary grey, shield your eyes my love.

The soft, warm voice of a man has turned to brutal blows to your mind, cover your head my love.

The joyful sounds of music have become deafening reminders, plug your ears my love.

This world has decided that the gorgeous voice I gave you has no more meaning than a grain of dirt so bite your tongue my love.

No matter what you say, people won't take you seriously, that's why I am here my love.

You turn your head to the sky, that dull and gray sky to cry out. You ask what is left in this world to hold onto but God can't answer that my love, only you.

I see the way you look at that man, your eyes meet his and the sun rises with the love you both share for one another, run into his arms my love.

I watch you walk further from my fingertips so I sob quietly when the moon shows its face. You turn to look at me and your heartwarming smile reassures me, go live your life my love.

Don't you worry my dear, I will always be with you but for now, weep into my shoulder my love.

I know I am fragile so place a kiss on my hand and pray for my safe travels my love.

I can feel the soil soak up your sadness. I can hear your goodbyes. I can hear your stories and your adventures. I am so proud of you. goodbye my love, my daughter.