━ five, the troll and three headed dog fearing freak

FREAK
act one, chapter five
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1991
.   .   .   .

𝗩iola bloody hated Halloween, because her brothers were born on Halloween and her best friends died on Halloween. Her mother, who wasn't the most nicest person out there, had told her she had been a weird child ❨ as if her levitation thing isn't enough ❩ as her speech had always been fluent and they had no trouble understanding her. Her brothers had been five when she was born and she had taught them a lot of words, some no one knew existed. That's how James and Sirius had demanded that on their last Halloween at Hogwarts, they ought to hold a seance and ask the ghosts ❨ or demons, as Sirius dramatically stated that night ❩ why she was born like this. Of course, no ghost actually answered the question question and they just got a big scare from Remus, Peter and Lily. That's why she hated Halloween as well. On their last Halloween together ❨ as Peter had told them that he needed to do some light traveling for some part of his job, not that Viola believed him ❩ they had fun and when they were together again, three died and one was sent to Azkaban while Viola and Remus  just isolated themselves.

That's why when the day began, she first went to the Black Lake with James Potter's phantom, although Madam Pomfrey had confirmed that this phantom wasn't really a phantom, as she said he had a heart beat and that's when James had told them that he never died. James had said he was struck by a spell, but not the Killing Curse, it had just knocked him out and once he did wake up, he found Lily and Harry crying, so he did the sensible thing any parent would've done in his shoes, send Harry to his living relatives as he knew Harry wasn't safe with him.

"So, you're telling me that you never tried contacting me?" Viola asked, kicking a pebble and it went soaring into the lake, landing with a splash and she saw James sigh. "Or Remus?"

"I tried contacting you, but it's hard to contact someone who changes their address every other Saturday and changes their name every other Friday." Viola blushed a red. It was true, the war installed a new type of paranoia in her. She changed her address several times and only bothered to tell Alastor about it, seeing as that Lily and Peter were dead, Sirius was in Azkaban, Remus closed him off, and she thought James was dead. She changed her name too, when signing things and strangers asking her : Trinity Cole, Hannah Stewart, Samantha Young, are just a few.

"What about Remus?" She asked. She missed him, as he was literally the only sensible one in the group. True, he did plan the pranks but he only took part when he thought them worthy or when Viola took place. She remembered that Sirius had told her that Remus had a crush on her but he didn't want to tell her, because he thought himself a monster. Viola admits that she never thought as him as a monster but she never saw him like that, the only person she saw in that way was Severus.

"I don't want to lie, I don't know where Moony is." James sighed again and Viola smiled softly at him.

"Classes are about to start any minute now, so I gotta head back in. Just don't follow me around again or do that disappearing thing you do ━"

"That's the thing I also want to tell Madame Pomfrey." James swallowed hard. "I actually don't know what spell I was hit with and ever since then I could do this disappearing thing."

Viola snortled a laugh. "Huh, now you're a freak too."

"Yeah, I guess so Mad Hatter."