━ twenty two, i think i'm okay

FREAK
act two, chapter twenty two
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1993
.   .   .   .

𝗩iola hated being pregnant. Why she thought it was a good idea was a mystery to herself and everyone around her. ❨ Maybe she was being a tad dramatic. ❩ She woke up that day to find James' hand tousled in her hair and she had to use her ability to free her hair. She had been using her ability more, trying to gain control of it. So far, so good. Well except yesterday when she flung Noah's coffee out the window. That might have been a mistake. But then, it was really just Noah's fault. If he threw it out like Viola kindly had asked, none of that would've happened.

Once finished with her lengthy bath, Viola dressed before she slipped out the room, down to the dungeons, where she was determined to ask Severus out and to let him dye her hair a bizzare color. Maybe the pregnancy was getting to her head, or James was getting to her head, either way, besides feeling like shit every now and then ❨ read : all of the fucking Merlin time ❩ she also felt braver, confident, more playful. She didn't know why, she just knew she liked it.

"Good morning Sev!" Viola grinned, walking into his bedroom, where he was still in bed, looking up at the ceiling as if he was deciding whether he should get up or fake his own death. Judging by his face, he looked as though he was strongly considering the latter.

Severus' eyes flicked towards Viola. "Merlin Viola, it's only five."

"So? I don't control time." She argued, her shit eating grin still on her face and she plopped beside him. "Butt up." She told him, laying on her back and she looked up at ceiling as well. They lay there for a few seconds before Viola looked at Severus. "Why are we looking at the ceiling?" She whispered and she saw Severus smile a little.

"I wanted to tell you something today. This just isn't the place." Severus whispered back. "I thought about what you said and what I said at the party. I mean, I know I'm an unnecessarily cold person but ━"

"You're afraid of love and commitment since you lost so many friends. I know Sev, so am I." Viola sighed. "I thought I lost all my friends, all the people who love me. But I've got the Winchesters and even if Colleen does act a little snobby at times, I still love her. And then James showed up. But I never felt complete, I missed one piece. And that piece was you."

They lay there in silence until Severus reminded her, "I still need to wash up, you know?"

"It's the last day of school, I don't think they'll miss up much. Can we stay like this, just for a while?"

Severus pursed his lips. "I suppose the students don't want a grumpy, moody man yell at them on the last day of school."

The smile that plastered itself on Viola's face right after that statement, made Severus' heart warm.

.   .   .   .

"𝗜 don't understand why I still have to stay with the Durselys!" Harry cried out as he stood on the platform with Viola and an invisible James beside her. Viola had pursed her lips, bending down to be eye level with the fuming Harry.

"Trust us ━ I mean, trust me..." Viola chuckled nervously at Neville Longbottom, who had just happened to be passing by. "We want that more than anything in the entire world Harry but you can't. I know it's unfair that Prongs gets to come with me, and you have to go to them and I'm sorry about that."

"I just don't get it." Harry whispered, tears in his eyes. Viola glanced at James, wondering what expression was on his face, if he too was feeling like she was at the moment, if he was feeling like the world decided to sit on his shoulders and weigh on him. That's how she felt at the moment.

"I'm really sorry Harry, and I promise I will visit you." Viola whispered, wiping away the tears that had managed to fall. "And if your aunt or uncle tries to shoo me away, I'll kick down the door and scream at the top of my lungs."

Harry had chuckled a little. "I think I'm okay now." He whispered, looking at where James stood and he smiled briefly at him before he ran off to hug Hagrid, who sent a merry smile at Viola.

"Come on Prongs, let's go." Viola motioned with her head secretly towards James as she started moving towards where she knew Severus was waiting for her. She knew for a fact that James wasn't really happy underneath that invincible cloak of his but she didn't mention this, as Viola knew James sucked it up just for her happiness. That's one of the many reasons why she absolutely loved James. "Merlin, do my feet hurt."

A snort sounded beside her. "You're worse than Lily was when she was pregnant with Harry."

Viola gasped at the statement. "I am not!" She laughed lightly. "I remember she used to cry whenever she saw tiny potatoes."

"Because where are their mothers." James chuckled and Viola thought she heard a sniff but she didn't say anything about it. She knew how much James missed his wife, how much she missed her friend. Lily had been a big part in both their lives, even though Viola did accidentally break her ribs. In her defense, she panicked when Lily had said hi.

"I miss her." Viola whispered, ignoring the look Brady Kelps gave her as he walked in front of two young Hufflepuffs. Viola thought the it her one looked awfully like Brady and the other one she found in the kitchens one day. Of course she had asked what her name was but being Viola Winchester had its pros and cons. Pro number one being... well, something and con number one being forgetting easily.

Before James could respond, Viola heard her name being yelled out and she turned back to see who it was. She saw Oliver, Cedric and Cho run up to her, Cedric looking rather flushed in the face because of Cho's small hand in his, while Oliver looked as though he was sick. Before they could reach her, Viola told James to walk up ahead.

"I ━ we ━"

"Deep breaths Oliver."

For dramatic purposes, Oliver took a deep breath in and huffed out in the direction of Cho and Cedric, both immediately looking annoyed. "We just wanted to say goodbye Professor, and good luck."

"It sucks that you won't be here when school reopens again." Cedric nodded and Viola smiled softly at them.

"You'll survive a few weeks." She shrugged, looking back to where she thought James was and Severus appeared instead, looking annoyed as he kept on throwing dirty looks at the empty space beside him. "Look, I have to go. See you when I come back."

Viola Winchester was a coward, yet a somewhat brave one. She was scared of falling in love, yet she confessed her love for Severus just that easy. She wanted to be alone, yet she wanted to be touched. She knew she was a complex person but she liked it that way. Viola may be a coward, yet she did the one thing she knew she'd actually do in her entire life.

Kiss Severus Snape with millions of adults and children watching them and she didn't care.

.   .   .   .

an. Merlin's beard. About time they bloody kissed😂also hi, I decided that the epilogue isn't going to be much of one, just sum short thing that will mist probably have you guys beg for a sequel, which I will POLITELY decline because she's not dead and I'm proud of myself😌