━ nine, the love in a freak

FREAK
act one, chapter nine
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1992
.   .   .   .

𝗢n New Years Eve, the Winchesters would throw an enormous party with tons of firewhiskey and Muggle alcohol and cousin Barnett always had some type of spiked goods and Viola knew never to eat his fudge, brownies or cupcakes, or anything in his hands. She and Sirius once fell victim to him when they were fifteen. He had given them spiked blondies and Merlin were they good. Viola had invited Severus that day, even though her friends argued and argued about but she had only said if Lily is here, Severus stays. Once she had consumed the spiked blondie, she had gone wild and even kissed Severus. She remembered every single little detail about this kiss and when Severus asked her about it the following day, she pretended that she didn't know what he was on about.

"Don't look at me like that ━ everyone thinks you're dead." Viola told James on New Years Eve. She was told that her aunt Maya was throwing the party this year and she was partly happy. Partly because her mum won't be there, but cousin Barnett will be there along with cousin Colleen, who is an actress who likes to brag about her perfect life ❨ if it was so perfect, would her husband have left her for a younger, prettier girl? Nope, Viola didn't think so ❩ and then Dale will be there. ❨ He's just always there, whether you need him or not. ❩

"But that's why there's Poly Juice." James countered back, grinning and Viola shook her head, stuffing her red pair of socks in the travel bag she was carrying.

"Which takes a month to brew and I should be there by tonight because the party is tonight. And in case you have forgotten, I'm going to Belfast, Ireland, so please, I have a port key to catch." Viola declared, zipping the bag up and she grabbed her wand. "I really need to go. Stay safe James."

James grumbled something under his breath until he finally said, "Travel safe Mad Hatter."

"Ah you know me, safe is my middle name." The blonde winked at him and James only rolled his eyes before throwing himself on her bed and Viola left him at it, as she slipped out her room and began her journey outside, where she'll begin her search for her port key outside the gates.

.   .   .   .

"𝗢h, you made it! I was going to have Barnett write Mauve a letter, asking why she won't let you come." Maya Winchester refused to grow old, while her skin reflected her age in perfect comparison, her attitude and demeanor refused to grow old. Viola loved that about her aunt though, she made every party fun, even the stuck up ones thrown by her mother.

"I'm actually not living with my mum anymore aunt May, I moved out I think twelve years ago." She cleared her throat. "But I at least am a Professor now at Hogwarts, so I didn't waste my life like she said I would."

"Don't mind that old hag, I knew you were going to make it big in this life honey." Maya smiled at her. "Come along now, I'll show you to your room but first, we need to tell Barnett and the rest that you're here."

"Is Dale here?" Viola asked, even though she already knew the answer. She remembered during the party they had in her fifth grade, before she ate the blondie and kissed Severus, James had told her that Dale was acting a little creepy. Remus had even said he had a porno stash, whatever that means. After she and Sirius had ate the blondie and she had kissed Severus, they had hopped into Dale's purple car and got chased by some car with the words POLICE ❨ was it now Police or was it Palice? ❩ written on the side. The men in the car kept on telling them to pull over and Viola had told them no, because they didn't look friendly.