━ fourteen, unbelievable

FREAK
act two, chapter fourteen
.   .   .   .

VIOLA WINCHESTER
1992
.   .   .   .

𝗢liver eyed the Professor beside him weird before his eyes went wide. "You're on fire." He said, scooting away and Viola chuckled.

"No, I'm not." She shrugged and Oliver pointed towards her leather jacket, and sure enough, there was firing crawling up and Viola shrieked, immediately casting Auguamenti.

"I don't understand Professor, we're in History, how'd you get that right?"

Viola chuckled awkwardly, not wanting to tell Oliver about the fire breathing dragon statue the twins made her stash in McGonagall's office. "I smoke?" She nervously smiled. "Look, Binns is here." Viola pointed towards the ghost, who just floated through the board.

When the class began, so did Viola's sleep. She didn't sleep that well last night because of the nightmares. ❨ And James snores, like why did Dumbledore give him his own room if he just sleeps in hers? ❩ When she had jumped awake from the nightmares, she immediately went to her cards and every single card she pulled out had a dog on it and she had no idea what that could mean. Was she going to pick up a stray? She didn't know. Was she going to be mauled to death by a wild dog? She hoped not. Was someone going to set dogs after her? They better not.

Viola woke up at some point when Binns asked her a question and Viola sleepily replied, "Yeah, the Goblins demanded equal rights and wizards, be it muggleborn or pureblood, thought them mad and began slaughtering them."

The ghost blinked. "Correct Professor Winchester! I'm glad that some people listen to my lessons unlike the ones who are asleep." Viola nudged Oliver awake even though Binns was glaring at none other than Percy Weasley, whose glasses were slipping off and snores could be heard coming from him. "Can anyone tell me why the wizards didn't want to give the goblins equal rights?"

Viola zoned out again, looking out the windows and that's when she heard a little tap-tap coming from behind her. She spun around, seeing Noah there and she rolled her eyes, her mouth curling up in a smile out of its own accord. Noah motioned for her to come towards him and Viola pointed to the ghost Professor, as well as Oliver and she shrugged. It was Noah's turn to roll his eyes and Viola cracked a small grin at this, he looked absolutely ridiculous and she didn't want to laugh.

Thankfully, the bell rang before Noah could knock on the door and Viola smirked at him, helping Oliver gather his things and they walked towards the door, where Viola broke off from him to go to Noah, who was grinning a goofy grin and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have a class?" Viola mused, even though she knew that his classes were in the night.

"Do you want me to have a class?" Noah asked, raising a brow and Viola blushed furiously at the sight of those dreamy dimples. Curse all the dimpled men!

"Since you sound so heartbroken, no, not really." Noah laughed and Viola nearly stopped in her tracks. That laugh. It was so carefree, yet so powerful and mesmerizing. It was purely magical... Just like his had been once. Just like Severus' rare laughs. A knot formed in Viola's stomach. Severus. She hadn't spoken to him since yesterday and it felt odd.