PROLOGUE

FREAK
PROLOGUE
❛come meet my monsters❜
▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪

          "𝗠iss, I think that's enough." A deep, gruff voice sounded next to Viola Winchester and she spun around, slightly wobbling and mascara ran down her cheeks. Viola raised a brow at the slightly blurry man and she took another swing from the Firewhiskey bottle she held firmly in her hand. "Viola?! Merlin's beard! What are you doing here?"

"Potters are dead... Voldymort is dead... Thought I'd celebrate! And I'm alive!" Viola grinned and Alastor Moody grabbed the Firewhiskey from her hands when she raised it to her lips again. "Hey, no fair, gimme it."

"You're drunk Viola." Alastor growled at the girl, who only giggled, shrugging her shoulders at him.

"And amazing, and beautiful and in the mood to dance!" Alastor shook his head, wondering where the old Viola went, that Gryffindor who would do anything to help anyone despite their views on her. "Now, this freak wants to get her freak on!" She tried to grab her bottle again. "No fair...." Viola mumbled, missing the bottle and she nearly planted down. Alastor had quickly caught her, making sure not to break her bottle of Firewhiskey. He won't give it to her, Merlins no, but he didn't fancy cleaning it up. The bar had a weird policy against breaking things, even the drunkest of drunks remember that one rule.

"You can get your freak on at home—"

"Will you help me?" Viola asked, voice slightly muffled by Alastor's jacket.

"No—"

"Then I must stay!" Viola cried out, shooting up right only to fall back, landing on the floor and she groaned when she heard ringing in her ears. She coughed, feeling as though she was going to be sick and she clutched at her stomach. Alastor mentally kicked himself before he quickly grabbed her hand and Apparated them into her bathroom, where Viola Winchester spent the entire night vomiting and crying and Alastor Moody was there to hold her hair back as she emptied the contents in her stomach.

▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪

𝗕right light blinded Viola and she groaned as she sat up right, first noticing her blue bathtub and the blue tiles she lay upon. As she stood up, she rubbed her aching head, hoping by some miracle that it would just soothe it. To make things worse, a bottle of shampoo suddenly hit her on the head and Viola muttered a low ow before stepping over it, going out her bathroom.

"Where are they?" Viola was searching through her drawer for painkillers but unfortunately couldn't find any. "I swear to Merlin I put them here." She grumbled, pushing aside the painful picture which held five grinning faces she'll never see again. Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, James and Lily Potter. Viola sighed when she couldn't find them and she opted to sit on her bed instead, rubbing her eyes. Viola refused to believe that Lily and James were dead, or that Sirius killed Peter. She knew Sirius would never ever harm his friend but all the evidence pointed to him and with his last name being what it is, he didn't stand a chance. He never did.

"You're finally up." Viola jumped when she suddenly heard Alastor's voice and she clutched her chest, where her heart was beating like crazy.

"Merlin Alastor!" She screeched, throwing a pillow at him and the man chuckled, easily dodging it before he winked at her.

"Thought you might be hungry." He told her, holding up the tray of food. "Don't you remember last night?"

"No, oh no, Merlin no, don't tell me that we—"

"Relax Viola, no, we didn't have sex if that's what you were going to ask." Alastor shook his head. "No, I was called in after hours because of a young lady refusing to leave a certain bar, making a ruckus, crying and threatening to show everyone her boobs if they throw her out."

"Was I that drunk?" Viola asked sheepishly. "I just wanted to forget Al, my friends were murdered, one of them by someone who we thought was our friend."

"Did it help though Viola? No, because you still remember it today anyway, you can't stay drunk forever. And it's been eleven years Vi, you need to move on. It's unhealthy, what you're doing." Alastor pointed out. "Now eat up, take a bath, take a walk before replying to the letter Dumbledore sent you."

"Oh right, the letter." Viola sighed. "I don't think I'll take the job Al, the children need someone better than me to be their Defense Professor."

"Dumbledore asked you for a reason—"

"Don't even begin with that sorry shit of an excuse Al. I'm not special! I'm just some bloody freak!" Viola yelled out. Silence befell them before Alastor moved forward, wrapping his arms around his friend as she let out her tears.

"You were never a freak to me or to them Vi, never."

Alastor left a few hours later, something about work and Viola spent the day cleaning the house, washing the dishes, doing the laundry and at around five, she sat down at the kitchen table, completely exhausted from the day's work. At times like these, memories of the war and the ones she had lost flooded her mind. She didn't like being alone. It was one of the reasons why she'd never accept being the Defense Professor, she'd be alone majority of the time. She knew things, sure, she had some weird thing, sure but being alone was never her thing.

"Fuck!" Viola grumbled under her breath when her wand suddenly whacked her in the face and she was tempted to just break it. It's not like she'd actually need it to move or levitate things. A knock suddenly disturbed Viola a few minutes later when she had began making dinner and she put down the knife, where she had been chopping carrots. "Coming!" She yelled out, wiping her hands on the apron and she rushed to the door, where she was met with the familiar dark eyes she had missed seeing since she graduated and had been thrown into the war. "Severus...."

"Hello Viola." Severus Snape smiled, a small smile but it was enough to make Viola's heart skip a beat.

▪  ▪  ▪  ▪  ▪

an.  it's me Vida Loca... Hi! I love Viola Winchester so I changed a few things again... Oops... Sorry..