♡︎ wonderful tonight

Harry and Lou go on a cute winter anniversary date<3

this is loosely based on the song 'wonderful tonight by eric Clapton :)

Harrys POV:
☃︎    ☃︎    ☃︎    ☃︎    ☃︎   ☃︎   ☃︎   ☃︎   ☃︎  ☃︎  ☃︎
I woke up to movement next to me.  "Happy anniversary!!" Louis said from behind me. "Happy anniversary, babe" we laid there for a second...
"Haz, I'm cold cuddle me" I turned over from my little spoon position. Looking at him as he closed his tired eyes, his long eyelashes kissing his soft skin. I moved closer to him (if that's even possible) and rested my head on his chest, wrapping my arm around his bare stomach. after I kissed him on the lips. "Humm much better," he said while I buried my head farther into his chest. "What do you wanna do today darling?" He ran his petite fingers through my curls.

"Erm..." I paused trying to think... "I was thinking we could go to the ice rink"

He smiled. "like where we had our first date? Sounds lovely, Hazza" we laid there for a while neither of us wanting to get up.

By now it was around 9 am.

"I'm going to make breakfast, do you want anything specific?"

"I would prefer food, but whatever you make is fine" I rolled my eyes playfully at his childish answer.
"shut up Tomlinson, I'm a way better cook than you...I did work in a bakery"
He joined in on the 'work in a bakery' part. Teasing me on how much I talk about it.

"Now get your ass out of here, 'm hungry"
I smiled and got up to make some hotcakes.

After we ate we did some work, cleaned the house -well I cleaned the house, worked on some songs, cuddled, took a shower, and next thing we knew it was 7:35 pm. "We should get ready"

so we did just that. I put on black skinnies, a blue blouse, a scarf, a big coat, Fuzzy socks, and of course...Chelsea boots. Louis didn't really 'dress up' he normally wears colds weather clothes so He just put on black sweatpants, an oversized light pink Adidas sweater, as well as a black beanie. He looked adorable as usual.

"Ready to go, love?" I said as I walked into the bathroom. I looked at Louis as he fixed his hair. "Yeah in a sec"
I didn't say anything I just stared back at him in the mirror "What?" He asked looking back at me. "my Darling, you look wonderful" he blushed. He then walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pecked my lips. "as do you" we both smiled neither of us moved. We just stood there looking into each other's eyes. "Ready, love?" I nodded my head in response.

It was a quick 20-minute drive to the ice skating rink. The car ride was filled with chatter about whatever the hell came to our heads.

Louis walked around to my door and opened it. "Why thank you, kind sir"
I giggled. "Anything for you, doll"
we made our way to the skate buying place, whatever you call it. "Can we have one in 10 and one in 7" the lady chuckled a bit and nodded. I looked back at Louis, I could tell he didn't like the lady laughing at what we assume his shoe size. She handed us our skates. "Thank you"

as we walked away Louis let out "I'm not that tiny" I laughed, he knows he is. "You're pretty small" I teased. "Hey! at least I'm not tripping over my long ass legs all the time" I stopped for a second. "no response? I guess you can't fight the truth, Harold"

"you were literally just doing that like 2 seconds ago"

"Shut up, styles you on thin ice...literally" we both laughed. We helped each other get our skates on and made our way to the ice. the rink was lined with tall white Christmas lights. The air smelled like mint.

"Lou"    "Harold?"
"I forgot who to skate"

"oh that's no good, I guess I'll have to help you," he said while grabbing my hand. "I feel like a baby"

"You are a baby" we skated for an hour or so. "Wanna go get some hot chocolate? They have peppermint"
he nodded his head.

We got our hot chocolate and sat at a table. I laughed as he somehow got chocolate on his nose. "Come ya goober" he leaned over the table so I could whip his nose. we both laughed.

"Y'know...on our first date this is when you kissed me," I said with a smirk on my face. "hmm did I now?" He laughed as I nodded.

he leaned in and kissed me. It felt just like the first one, those same butterflies's never leaving.

"It's getting late," I said after another half hour or so. "We can't go home yet"

"why?"

"I'll show you c'mon" we walked to the car. After 20ish minutes he stopped the car in what seems to be the middle of nowhere. "Where are we?"

"Just follow me" I did as I was told. The place seemed familiar but I couldn't place it as it was quite dark. "Close your eyes"

"Louis was in the middle of nowhere I have no idea where I'm going"

"Just trust me, baby" he then grabbed my waist and walked me forward.

Soon enough he stopped. "Can I open?"

"yeah go ahead" I opened my eyes and immediately knew where we were. "Our tree! Oh my god, it's our tree!" he took me to the place we meant. When I was 16 I would go to this tree when I needed to escape, and one day I came down here and he was there, just sitting under my tree. Ever since then we would come here together. We stopped at one point, I don't know why I guess just other places to see. I missed it.

"Hey, look," he said pointing to where we carved 'Louis & harrys' into it. We were trying to calm it. I smiled. We sat under our tree and talked about all the things we did here, all of the dumb conversations we had.

"Why were you here?"

"I don't know, looking for something"

"what was it?"

"I don't know, but I found something much better" he paused and looked into my eyes "I love you so much"

"love you more"

"not possible"

"everything's possible"

"We should head back" I smiled and nodded. "Bye tree, we'll miss you" that's what I would say every time we would leave it. we made our way back home.

We brushed our teeth and put on our pj's. He got into bed and I turned out the lights. "My darling, you were wonderful tonight"