butterfly clips & cigarette smoke

<3
I walked into the local beauty store and headed straight for the hair section. I dropped all my butterfly clips in between my bed and the wall. I got tired of fishing them out and decided to just go to the shops and get new ones. A little laziness never hurt anyone, right?...

They're my favourite hair accessory, so to me, they're VERY important, they make my curls stand out even more. Plus I was running low on nail polish so going to the beauty store seemed like a pretty good idea. I have justifications for my "Uniqueness" My mom says I'm just special.

I bent down to the bottom shelf, Holding my plaid skirt in place. I picked out a pack of 100 butterfly clips that I'm 99% sure is intended for young children because of the bright red 'Choking hazard' sign printed on the back. I couldn't care less.

I then went to the nail section, running my hand along the isle till a colour or two...or three, caught my eye. I picked out cream, forest green, and a light magenta. I looked around for while, Going through the same 3 aisles over and over, Making sure nothing pops into my mind that realistically I don't need.

I sighed realizing I got way more than I intended and definitely more than I "Needed."

I came here for butterfly clips and nail polish,
But instead got: Butterfly clips, nail polish, a lavender candle, vanilla perfume, Rose perfume, q-tips, a glittery face mask, strawberry shampoo, and a rainbow bath Bomb, I sighed again adding up the prices, but still I headed to the checkout. Maybe one day I'll spend my money on a nice flat or a fancy vacation but seeing as I'm a 20-year-old, uni student that doesn't seem likely of happening anytime soon.

I put my stuff on the counter. My eyes meeting with brown ones. He stayed silent and rung up my items.

"That will be £68.24"

I mumbled a quiet "shit"

...Okay so maybe my calculations were a little off. Nevertheless, I handed him my card. "Would you like a bag with these? They're €3.00" I don't know why but I nodded. I don't necessarily need a bag, but hey, It will be hard to carry all of this.

He handed me my bag. "Thank you, sir" it felt weird calling him that, he couldn't be much older than me. 21-22 or so.

"No problem..." I began to walk away- "Hey! Can you give this to that lad out there? My mate, Louis. Blue eyes, light brown hair, cheekbones, he texted me and asked me to bring it out to him but my shift got extended" he handed me some car keys, with like a hounded keychains on it. I might be over-exaggerating just a bit, I do tend to do that. "Yeah, 'guess so" I shrugged and took them out of his hand.

I smiled, It would be so easy to steal the car. Not that I'd do that. It would be very easy is all, Like who gives a stranger their car keys? Sure It'd be a pretty stupid criminal, Right in front of all the security cameras and the car owner supposedly right outside. It still seems so incredibly stupid but I digress,

I walked out and was immediately hit with the smell of cigarette smoke. No offence to people who smoke cigarettes, but I hate it. it's nothing personal, just not for me. Makes me cough which isn't good for my asthma.

I looked around and saw the source of the smoke to my left. There stood a gorgeous boy, who I assume to be Louis as he fit the disruption the man behind the counter gave.

I hesitantly stepped towards him.

Somehow I tripped and fell, him catching me "Oops"
'S all I said. He replied with a simple; "Hi"

I caught my balance and started to stand back up. "Watch where you're going, curly. Nearly took me arm off" I tried to not chuckle at his strong Yorkshire accent. "Sorry, I wasn't looking and I just kinda-"
"It's okay, darling. Just a little fall. What's got you coming up to me?" I stared blankly at him. To dazzled by the pet name to pay attention. Yeah, I'm that easy. "Helloooo earth too curly," He said, Obnoxiously waving his hand in front of my face.

"Erm...sorry I was- here are your keys" I showed him them and began to walk away- "Are you going to give them to me? Or is this some kind of robbery? Because if so you're a terrible thief" Great minds think alike ?

"Oh right sorry, still a bit frazzled from falling into you. Sorry about that"

"It's okay love, don't get your panties in a twist"

"How do you know I'm wearing panties?" I blurted out, not necessarily thinking. I also have a tendency to do that.

He smirked. "It's an expression, babe" I looked down, not wanting his eyes to meet mine. "Oopsie" he smiled and let out a giggle. He then lifted my head up by the chin and said...
"Cute. Have a good day, love" I nodded as I watched him walk towards the car park and drive away.

I shook my head, snapping out of my trance, and drove home. Classic Harry,

Not even a week later I found myself needing to go back to the beauty store to pick up a hair curler for my mum. Hers broke and she needed one, her car also happened to be broken, so being the good son I am I happily volunteered to go get her one.

And so that's what I did, I put on a blue sweater with a duckie on it, some pale cream corduroy trousers, a pearl necklace, my typical rings, and headed to the beauty store.

The trip there was short. Ya know what they say, "time flies when you're having fun" and who doesn't have fun when they're listening to "I will survive" by Gloria Gaynor. To put it simply, it's one of the best songs ever.

I entered the solan to a quiet "welcome" from the same, dark-haired man that stood there last time.
there was also a blonde man standing next to him.
I sent a smile their way and got on with my day. (Hehe that rhymed)

I picked out a fancy curler, that Will definitely affect my bank account, but hey, thought I'd treat my mum to something nice...And it'd get me a few more 'Favorite child points' above Gemma.

When I made it back to the counter both of the men were gone, instead, there was Louis, standing there picking at his nails looking quite unbothered.
"Erm...hi," I said quietly, not knowing if he heard me. After a second he looked up and flashed a smile.
"Nice to see ya again curly" I nodded.
"You too, Erm..can you ring me up?" He smirked.
"I don't work here but I'm sure I can ring you up"

"Oh" 's all I said before he took the curler from my hand and rung it up. "Shit" I sighed, He looked at me and tilted his head in a 'What's wrong?' face. "Forgot my card at my flat" I sighed and started to take the curler back before he yanked it out of my hand.
"I say I just give you it for free. What do you say curly?"

"No, no I couldn't do that. I'll just go to my flat and get my card and be back in a minute"

He smiled "it's fine curly, I'm sure Zaynie wouldn't mind" "are you sure?" He nodded. "Thank you, thank you so so much!" I said probably overreacting, Yet anything thing I tend to do. "Plus it's a good thing because I don't know how the hell to work the register"

"...Of course curly, Ya know, you could repay me by going out with me...Tonight." I gasped just a little and he giggled, HE FUCKING GIGGLED. "Smooth" I teased, He smiled. "Ya know, Micheal wrote smooth criminal about me" I nodded "is that so?" He nodded, Flashing a sunshine smile. "So...What do you say?" He said with a flash of puppy dog eyes and a pretty little pout- God- His lips. "erm yeah, sure. Sounds lovely" He looked me in the eyes, "thank fuck" I smiled. He's cute.

He gave me his number and some free samples.
"Great I'll see ya then, love" And just like that I left hoping free samples don't break me out, My mum's hair curler doesn't burn her hair off, And pray to God the cute lad behind the desk is half as perfect as he seems...

<3
Uh yes, Another classic case of "Natalie doesn't know how the fuck to end stories so here's an abrupt and unsatisfying ending line" :)

Might do a part 2?!?!?? Don't know though