Chapter 7: Deep Sea Deep Trouble

(Y/n)'s POV

Ocean

More ocean

Even more ocean

Even though it's only been a few day it feels like we've been on this damn boat for weeks. Rex had already gone through his entire stash of booze, Max had eaten his limit of food and Scarlet was forbidding him from eating any of the food below deck, and Kestin was still getting seasick.

(Y/n): UGHHHHH! HOW MUCH LONGER ARE WE GONNA BE ON THIS FUCKING BOAT?!

Erma: the new world should be over the horizon in just 2 hours.

Everyone: THANK GOD!

After finding out Tide had stowed away on the ship things were more...lively. Due to her inability to swim I had to keep her away from the edges of the ship, it's like looking after a 5 year old. Which is another reason I didn't wanted her coming along. Call me overprotective if you want, but I'm gonna have bigger things to worry about in the new world.

So I was just sitting on the main deck, looking out as the waves clapped together. As I was lost in my own thoughts I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned and saw Nara.

Nara: you got a moment?

(Y/n): sure, what's up?

Nara: no, not here, below deck.

I looked over and saw that Tide wasn't getting into trouble...for now.

(Y/n): uh, ok.

I got up from my seat and followed Nara below deck. When we were out of earshot from the others, she spoke.

Nara: alright, are you at least 70% sure of what we're going into.

(Y/n): uh...kinda. Why?

Nara: it's just that...I've been reading that letter from the new world commander and...I don't know, I've just got a bad feeling about all of this. He said that they were having hybrid attacks, but I don't know, something just seems off.

(Y/n): as in?

Nara: I'm not sure, I just can't wrap my head around it. What exactly is your plan for stopping those hybrids anyway?

(Y/n): well, talk them down and try to find out why they're attacking in the first place.

Nara: and what if that doesn't work?

(Y/n): I think you already know the answer to that.

She sighed

Nara: let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Nara put a hand against her forehead and leaned up on one of the support beams of the ship.

(Y/n): is...is everything ok.

Nara: ugh, yeah it's just...it's just that if what we're going into is as bad as Alexander said, we don't know what might happen, it's got me kinda worried.

(Y/n): since when are you the type to worry?

Nara: (y/n), I'm serious. Ever since my mother died I felt like I was gonna be alone for the rest of my life, but when I met you and the others I've felt like nothing could stop me, I felt like I was part of a family again. So if anything happened to anyone of you I feel like my whole world would shrivel up and die. So...

(Y/n): what?

She sighed again

Nara: (y/n), you're the alpha of this lot, so it's you're job to lead and protect them with you're life.

I just looked at her, this was completely out of character for Nara. She was never the type to express her feelings, not like this anyway.

(Y/n): Nara, I would never let anything bad happen to anyone in this family. I hope that's at least a little reassuring.

Nara: ha, not really, but it's good enough. Thanks, (y/n).

Suddenly, we both felt the boat begin to shake.

(Y/n): what the hell was that?!

We began to hear rapid steps coming song stair, Blaze came down and seemed to have a look of terror on his face.

Blaze: you guys gotta see this!

We rushed up to the main deck and saw massive storm clouds covering the sky around us. Lightning crashed around the ship as it moved from side to side, knocking some of us off our feet. Rex looked over the edge of the boat as the waves rose up to terrifying heights.

Rex: (Y/N), THESE WAVES ARE RISING LIKE A HOT OVEN BISCUIT! WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!

Kyanna rushed up a set of stairs and took the wheel. The ship rocked to the left, knocking my dual blades off of my back and into the ocean. I looked into the water and for a few seconds I thought I could see something in the water. It could've just been my imagination, but I swear I could see a pair of eyes looking back at me before moving under the boat. I looked back and looked up into the swirling storm above us.

Suddenly, dozens of grayish black objects began falling from the sky and landed on the main deck.

Finn: what the hell?!

I looked down at 1 before kneeling down and giving it a light poke. I began quickly turning orange and I immediately knew what it was.

(Y/n): GET DOWN!

Everyone on the main deck dove for cover before the strange objects exploded. I looked up to where they came from and saw the silhouette of a figure flying in the air. It had to be them, it had to be the hybrids.

I looked up into the sky one more time  and saw another figure next to the first. Suddenly, I saw a bright blue light heading right towards. A large, blue beam shot down in front of the ship and moved down the middle of it.

(Y/n): EVERYONE, THIS SHIPS GOING DOWN! WE GOTTA JUMP!

Without a second thought everybody leapt off the edge of the ship I quickly grabbed Tide and jumped off just as the ship was split in 2