Chapter 4: The New World

(Y/n)'s POV

Aiko: so what'd you say this hybrid looked like again?

(Y/n): she had these spikes growing around her body and her horns that looked kinda wide in the middle.

Aiko: hm, let me see what I can find.

After getting those spikes properly removed from my torso and getting patched up me and the others had to find out who that girl was and where she came from. So we decided to pay Aiko a visit. Aiko has taken up a job at the local library, it suited her pretty well, relaxing, quite, and all the book you can read.

Aiko shimmied up a ladder and began looking through the books on the shelf. As she searched I looked over at Rex. After beating the crap out of that hybrid he seemed rather calm about it, almost like it was just an everyday occurrence, which it wasn't.

(Y/n): you really went off of that chick, huh?

Rex: ha yeah, I was just letting off some steam.

(Y/n): well, even I know not to piss of a tigrex.

Rex: exactly, when an angry tigrex starts charging at you, what do you do?

(Y/n): ...stand your ground?

Rex: fucking run.

Aiko spoke from the top of the ladder.

Aiko: I can't seem to find anything, was there anything else about it?

(Y/n): not really, I couldn't determine what she was a hybrid of. I've never seen a monster with those kind of traits, it was almost not of this world.

Aiko: hm, "not of this world"...let me check something.

She ran over to another shelf and started looking through the books.

Suddenly, Rex had a weird look on his face.

(Y/n): something wrong?

Rex: I just realized...that chick wasn't wearing any cloths...she was just ass naked...oh god.

I continued to look at Rex until I heard Aiko shout from the ladder.

Aiko: ah, here we are!

We both looked up at her and saw her sitting on the ladder flipping through pages.

Aiko: did she look anything like this?

She stopped on 1 page before hand the book to me, Rex looked over my shoulder.

Nergigante, an elder dragon infamous for hunting and preying on other elder dragons.

Next to that was a picture of said monster. They looked pretty similar

(Y/n): yep, looks about right. Where'd you get this?

Aiko: oh, it's just some research that the guild got from the new world recon team.

(Y/n): the new world?

???: it a massive land mass far out into the ocean, full of monsters that are bigger and badder than any of the creatures you've seen here in the old world.

We looked over and saw Alexander walking into the library.

Alexander: some years back a recon team was sent there to study the ecosystem and the monsters of the island. The operation was successful and they came back with quite a lot of info, but 2 years ago the guild sent a series of fleets to examine the new world further.

Rex: I don't follow, what does this have to do with that girl, and why did she come here?

Alexander sighed.

Alexander: the prevailing theory is that she came here from the new world in search of more food. That or she was just looking for fight.

Rex: well, either way she's got one.

Alexander: that's not all, we got a summons from the commission we sent. You might wanna check it out.

He held a letter in his hand and gave it to me. I read it aloud.

To The Hunters Guild

Though things have been going well as of late, we have run into a spot of trouble in the new world. You see, recently there have been a series of attacks from these strange creatures. They may look human, but they also have the traits of certain monsters. Wings, horns, tails, etc.

We've sent you this notice to request that you send your best hunters to assist us in stopping these attacks.

Sincerely,

Terra, new commander of the new world commission.

(Y/n): they're being attacked by hybrids? So there're more in the new world.

Alexander: yes, from what the messenger told me, these hybrids have been attacking supply shipments to the new world and stealing whatever was on board.

Rex: so I'm guessing these guys don't know about hybrids in the old world.

Alexander: ...no

(Y/n): gonna be honest, that was kinda stupid of you.

Alexander: look, I never got around to telling them about you guys. Which is why I've decided to send you to the new world to help them out.

(Y/n): seriously?

Rex: hell yeah, I'll be able to finish my fight with that dragon chick!

Alexander: we'll need a few weeks to get ready, so take all the time you need to prepare.

Well, I guess we're heading to the new world