Chapter 8: Arrival

(Y/n)'s POV

I rose out of the water, gasping for breath with Tide in my arms. I looked around and saw pieces of our destroyed ship. I quickly swam over and hoisted Tide onto a large piece of drifting wood. I clung to it and began catching my breath.

???: you guys ok?!

We both looked up and saw Blaze flying above us.

(Y/n): yeah...we're fine...for the most part. Where's everybody else?

Suddenly a large barrel rose out of the water with Scarlet and Rin hanging onto the side.

Rin: what the hell just happened?

I looked around a little more and shouted.

(Y/n): IS ANYONE ELSE ALIVE OUT THERE?!

???: over here!

The 5 of us looked over and saw Kestin, Nara, Cody, Aiko, Erma, Kyanna, and Finn of a huge chunk of wood, which made a makeshift raft, being pushed through the water by Rex. They made their way over to us, just barley bumping into OUR raft.

Nara: is everyone here?

Kyanna began counting heads. After counting about 2 or 3 time she looked pretty worried.

Kyanna: where's Max?

Rex: we couldn't find him, maybe he sunk to the bottom.

Scarlet: no...

We all looked at Scarlet.

Scarlet: Max has always been an amazing swimmer, especially with that tail of his. He usually follows his nose to get what he wants, he probably surfaced before us and followed those hybrids to shore.

(Y/n): wait, shore?

She pointed off into the distance. I looked and squinted just a few miles away was a large island.

Erma: there it is, the new world!

Rex climbed onto the raft.

Rex: AHHHHH, I'M GONNA KILL THOSE NEW WORLD HYBRID BASTARDS!

(Y/n): Rex, chill out. Let's get to shore, then you can scream with rage as much as you want.

He calmed himself down before jumping back into the water, splashing Finn in the process, and pushing the raft in the direction of land. I did the same with Tide's raft and the barrel that Scarlet and Rin were on.

After about 2 hours, of paddling we finally made it to shore. Rex immediately crawled out of the water and began kissing the ground, getting sand in his mouth.

Kyanna: so this is the new world...doesn't look too different

Aiko: just wait, you're bound to find dozens of new monsters here.

(Y/n): so where's the commission base?

Aiko: should be another mile east of here.

Rin: great, we went from swimming to walking.

(Y/n): well, let's get moving.

We walked for about half an hour before we found our selves in the middle of a massive forest.

Kestin: damn, look at the size of these trees.

Cody: yeah, that's definitely something you wouldn't see back home.

Nara: hey guys, I think this entire area is tree.

Cody: huh?

Nara: just look, the walls, the ceiling.