Chapter 5: Setting Sail

(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed as I laid back against my mothers side.

(Y/n): well, I can already tell this journey is gonna be a bitch and a half. Alexander said that the monsters there are supposed to be bigger and tougher than the ones here. Who knows what we'll come across.

She looked at me before nuzzling against me.

(Y/n): yeah, but I don't know if everything's gonna be alright. For all I know, one of us could die before we even make it to the new world.

She nuzzled further and licked my face.

(Y/n): ok ok, that's enough. We'll be leaving this afternoon, so I couldn't really stay long, I'm sorry. I just wanted to let you guys know before I left.

I hugged her head as she gave me one last lick goodbye. I let go and began walking back to town.

(Y/n): I'll see you when I get back.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) tripping on a root

After making it back to town, I went to the docks only to see a ship being filled with supplies, food, oh and booze for Rex.

I saw Rex and the rest of the hybrids over by the edge of the dock. He looked over at me and smiled.

Rex: hey, glad you could join the party.

(Y/n): thanks for waiting, it would've sucked if I had to swim after you guys.

Nara: I know you were saying bye to your pack, but did you have to take so long.

(Y/n): hey, I wanted to do it last night, but I accidentally fell asleep at the canteen.

Rex: that's the last time I'm carrying your ass back home.

Aiko: anyway, it's almost time to set sail for the new world.

(Y/n): well, no use waiting around, doing nothing. Lets-

I stopped speaking when I suddenly heard a quick grunt. I reached behind me and caught a projectile heading for me. I looked in my hand and saw a shiny, red apple.

I turned and saw Rin walking towards me.

(Y/n): any reason you threw an apple at me?

Rin: I was trying to get your attention.

(Y/n): because?

Rin: I'm going with you.

Finn: uh, why?

???: Because I allowed him to.

We looked over and saw Nomad coming over.

Rex: You're coming too?

Nomad: I'm afraid not, I still have stuff to do here in the old world. So Rin will be going in my stead.

Nara: well, Kyanna and the others are already onboard and they're almost done loading the cargo, you wanna join them.

(Y/n): sure, I've got nothing else to d-

I was cut off when I felt something latch onto my leg. I lifted my leg and saw Tide hanging onto it.

Tide: I'm coming too!

(Y/n): oh, absolutely not.

I shook her off.

(Y/n): this mission could be life or death and I don't want you getting caught in the middle of it.

Tide: oh, come on! I can handle it! Let me prove it!

(Y/n): ok, jump off the side of the dock and stay above the water for more then 30 seconds. Do that and I'll let you come with us.

She looked at me, then at the edge of the dock, then back at me. Her head drooped.

(Y/n); sorry, kid. Maybe when you're older. Now I can't keep the others waiting.

She was still pouting. I just sighed before moving my hand and rubbing the top of her head.

(Y/n): hey, I'll bring you back a souvenir.

Scarlet: hey (y/n), you coming or what?

(Y/n): just a sec! See ya, kid.

I walked away and hopped onboard the ship.

Kyanna: you ready?

(Y/n): yep.

We pulled out of the dock and set sail.

(Y/n): alright, set a course for the new world!