Chapter 17: Next Move

(Y/n)'s POV

Scarlet: ...so you're telling me...Rex, the most aggravating person on this team...actually managed to get her to back down.

Rex: what, you jealous?

(Y/n): honestly, I was just as surprised as you are.

After Rex got the Nergigante hybrid, now known as Ruin, to agree to help us, we brought her back to our quarters, much to everyone's shock, and just so she'd be more suitable to be in Astera, we told her to head into the bathroom and take a bath.

Cody: ya know, she's a lot like Rex, only...she's got the whits to back up her strength.

Rex: HEY!

Cody: look, all I'm saying is that she's clever in a fight. Think about it, instead of pouncing on you and clawing your face off, she lifted you into the air and dropped you to take you out of the fight.

Nara: he's right, we need someone from the new world who's smart and knows her way around the place if we want any hope of stopping these new hybrids.

Just then, Ruin shouted from the bathroom.

Ruin: hey, Wolfboy, what am I supposed to clean myself with?!

I shouted back.

(Y/n): use the soap!

Ruin: the hell is soap?

(Y/n): it's that yellow block there made of animal fat.

Ruin: that sounds awesome!

There was a brief silence.

Ruin: Blah! This taste nothing like what you just said!

We all turned to Nara and Cody.

Blaze: you wanna retract that statement?

Nara: well...she's smart enough.

(Y/n): she's right, if we wanna save the New World we need all the help we can get.

Kyanna: so what about the other 2 line hybrids.

(Y/n): simple, we'll ask her if she knows anything about them and see if she knows where they are.

Rex: she said she wasn't on good terms with the other hybrids, do you really think she'd wanna help us find them?

(Y/n): it's worth a shot.

After a bit, Ruin came out of the bathroom, now wearing your standard, leather hunting armor.

Ruin: oh, that felt good.

(Y/n): alright, now if you don't mind, can we ask you a few questions.

(Y/n): whatever, shoot.

(Y/n): alright, Aiko take notes.

Aiko reached into her bag and pull out a pencil and notebook.

(Y/n): so you mentioned a person that you called "The Red Queen", who's that?

Ruin: she's the queen of the new world. She ruthless and cunning. I'm guessing she's the one who sunk your ship.

Scarlet: possibly, what else do you know about her.

Ruin: oh, what don't I know?! She's a HUUUUGE bitch, after we all escape from our facility, she wanted us to stick together and follow her lead, but I wasn't a fan of hers even before we got out of there. So I challenged her to a battle, winner got to lead the hybrids of the New World down whatever path they believed was right....she nearly killed me. After that, me and 2 others separated from the group, she told us "if you ever come to your senses, you're always welcome here" or some shit like that. It was fine, but after awhile, me and the other 2 hybrids had a falling out and went our own ways, we haven't spoken since.

Finn: yeah, Rex told us you weren't close with the others anymore.

(Y/n): I get that, but do you know where these other 2 hybrids are.

She looked down and to the side.

Ruin: I...doubt they'd be happy to see me.

(Y/n): well...which one would most likely be willing to help us.

Ruin brought her hand to her chin and began thinking.

Ruin: hm, probably Valerie.

(Y/n); great, where can we find her?

Ruin: at the lower level of the Rotten Vale, she's really shy though, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's difficult to find.

Cody: that's probably the hybrid me and Scarlet saw.

Ruin: you saw her?

Scarlet: yeah, we had just killed a bunch of girros and she slithered underneath us, grabbed one of the corpses and dragged it under.

Ruin: yeah, sounds like her. I'll show you the way. She'll probably come out if she knows I'm there with you guys.

(Y/n): great, time for another round of hybrid hunting..