Chapter 3: The Spiked Terror

(A/n) ok, Fatalis is BRUTAL!)

Blaze's POV

Me and Rex were in the middle of doing some work for a moofah farmer. Our job was simply just to set up fence posts around the field. I was doing a pretty good job, but Rex...he was constantly being interrupted by moofah. He hadn't even gotten 1 post done.

Rex: alright, listen up, I need your attention! If you mess with my post while it's still setting...

He then pointed at a baby moofah.

Rex: IMMA EAT THAT ONE!

Blaze: uh Rex, I don't think we'd be getting paid if you ate some of this guys flock.

Rex: look, I'm frustrated, I just wanna get this done already, and I can't do that if these FUCKING MOOFAH keep getting in the way!

Blaze: ok, just relax, your veins are glowing again. Go sit down and take a breath.

He did what I said and went to sit on a barrel.

Rex: ugh, I just wanna punch something right now.

Blaze: you can go back to town and rip apart a training dummy when we're done here.

Suddenly, we both heard a loud BOOM along with the echo of screams. We ran over and looked down the mountain over looking the town. I'm the center of town was a large dust cloud rising into the air.

Rex: what the hell's going on down there?

Blaze: no idea, but it's can't be good.

Rex: we gotta get down there, the town could be under attack.

Blaze: well, let's get moving.

Rex: oh yeah, it's bold action time.

(Y/n)'s POV

Me and Kyanna drew our weapons and watched as the figure slowly crawled out from the cloud of dust created by it crashing into a building.

It came out and I just looked on in awe at what it was.

Kyanna: is that...a hybrid?

(Y/n): looks like one, but I can't tell what the monster half is though.

The hybrid looked around as more people came over to see what was going on. She then began to sniff the air before looking to her left, more specifically at a lunastra hybrid. I saw her lick her lips, only briefly catching a small glimpse at the razor sharp teeth behind them.

Suddenly, she leapt forward and pinned them to the ground faster than my eyes could track. The hybrid raised her claws, preparing to bring them down.

I quickly ran over before landing a lightning charged kick to her side. She was thrown off of the lunastra hybrid and tumbled to to ground. I then looked over to the people and hybrids looking on at the hybrid in terror.

(Y/n): GET OUT OF HERE!

Without any hesitation they all ran away, leaving me and Kyanna with the hybrid. I ran over to her again and slashed at her wings, but my dual blamed just seemed to bounce right off.

Suddenly, dozens of spikes began quickly growing on her forearms and back. She started frantically swinging at me I just barely dodged a few of her attacks before my cheek grazed by one of the spike. She then pushed her head into my chest and pushed me. I winced as I felt sharp pain in some parts of my body.

I was knocked onto my back and when I looked down, I saw 3 spikes plunged into my chest and side. I was about to get back up but was stopped when the hybrid suddenly jumped on top of me. She raised her claws again, about to finish me off.

I closed my eyes and braced myself, but stopped when My ears suddenly perked up. I seemed like the hybrid heard it too as we both looked up into the sky to see multiple ball of fire heading right towards us. I quickly punched her in the jaw to get her off of me and ran for it. I fell forward and Kyanna ran to my side.

I heard the hybrid roar in pain as she was bombarded with a shower of fire. I looked up again and saw Blaze flying up in the air with Rex on his back. The smoke cleared and Rex leapt off of Blaze's back.

Rex: I'M THE BOLD ACTION MAAAAAAAN!

Rex slammed into the hybrid before grabbing her by the neck, throwing her up into the air, and punching her through a window. He looked back at me.

Rex: you alright, (y/n)?

(Y/n): yeah...I'd be dead if you guys hadn't showed up.

The hybrid suddenly burst through the wall of the building and charged at Rex. She swung at him with her claws only for Rex to catch her by the wrist. He flipped her over his head and slammed her on the ground, before grabbing her by the tail and tossing her around like a ragdoll.

Kyanna: damn, Rex is really going at it.

(Y/n): well, he's either drunk, upset, or both.

After like a full minute Rex finally let her go, throwing her to the other side of town square. The hybrid got back up on all fours, breathing heavily. She looked at me, then Blaze before stopping on Rex. I saw her bare her teeth and scowled before suddenly spreading her wings and launching herself up into the air. She flew away in the direction of the ocean just outside of town.

Rex: what was that about?

(Y/n): I'm not sure...but I think that was the monster that's been attack those villages...now can somebody get these spikes out of me?