Chapter 15: Round 2

(Y/n)'s POV

After determining the exact locations of 3 out of the 7 hybrids in the new world, we began trying to hunt them down and, at the very least, pacify them and let them know we're not a threat.

At Rex's insistence, and persistence, we decide to trek the Elder's Recess and find that Nergigante hybrid. To cover more ground we separated into 2 groups. Me, Rex, Nara, Scarlet, Cody, and Aiko explored to upper part of the recess while the rest of us went further below to check down their.

As we wondered through this crystal covered biome. The distant roars and snarls of other monsters echoed through the cave and tunnels that cascaded through out this place.

Scarlet: ya know, once you get passed all the new, bloodthirsty monsters, the new world isn't so bad...it's almost beautiful.

Cody: can't say I disagree, this whole place isn't pretty pleasant when everything isn't trying to rip you apart.

Rex: 🎵 never slowing dooown, this fire in my eyes, behind my disguise, I will RIP YOU APART!🎵

The conversation was the quickly cut short by Rex singing, his booming voice rang through the recess and our eardrums with the incredible acoustics in this particular area.

(Y/n): what're you doing?!

Rex: trying to see if I can draw her out somehow.

(Y/n): well, that's fine but can you at least do it in an area where your voice doesn't bounce off the walls so much.

He rolled his eyes.

Rex: fine.

We exited the area and Rex continued.

Rex: 🎵never turn away, for a chance to end your life, I feel so alive, gonna RIP YOU APART!🎵

I sighed.

(Y/n): if this goes on any longer I'm probably gonna quit, rather it be you singing, Nara.

Nara: I'll take that as a compliment.

Rex finished the final verse of the song just as we found ourselves in a large open area with crystal the grew in such a way the they almost resembled trees.

Rex: I think I at least got her attention.

Cody: I'd be surprised if you didn't.

The whole field of crystals and stones was now silent, the sound of the winds above us was all we could hear. Suddenly, my ear perked up as I began to hear a low snarl, along with he sound of claws scraping against the ground. I looked up and there she was. Her black hair and dark skin had spikes poking through as she menacingly looked down at us from the cliff.

(Y/n): guys...

They all turned too, following my gaze and finally seeing what I was seeing. I heard Rex chuckle from behind me, he then pushed passed me and began goading her into a fight.

Rex: so you finally decided to show your face again! You and me got a score to settle, no running away this time you little elder eating bitch!

The hybrid just looked down at him. She remembered his face, she remembered what he did, it was all over her face. The 2 of them stared daggers at each other before Rex took a fighting stance, he didn't even bother to take his great sword off of his back.

The hybrid then, on all four pounces down from the cliff, heading straight for Rex. Suddenly, she spread her wings and grabbed Rex by his shoulders before lifting him into the air.

(Y/n): oh crap!

Rex began swinging frantically, trying to get himself free. However, once they were at least 150 feet in the air, she dropped him. We quickly ran over and saw Rex, laying in a crater. We sprinted over to see if he was alright, he wasn't moving, I put my hand on his neck, looking for a pulse. Lucky I felt a beat, he was just unconscious.

There was then a loud roar of fury as the hybrid flew passed us. She grabbed Scarlet by her sides and pinned her against the wall. Scarlet grabbed her wrists before red lightning eminent from her hands, causing the hybrid to let go. She the let out another roar before flying away, further into the recess.

Scarlet: damnit, she's running away.

(Y/n): Cody, Aiko, get Rex back to camp, we'll go after her.

They both nodded and me and Scarlet, ran after her.

Scarlet: looks like she decided to play it smart this time.

(Y/n): yeah, her behavior was a lot more primal back in the old world, seems like she's actually strategizing.

We continued to run until we arrived in an activity lava field.

Scarlet: where'd she go?!

Suddenly, there was a loud scream followed by yelling and grunts.

(Y/n): I think that's our answer.

We followed the noise and saw the hybrid having an aerial battle with Blaze. They both flew around, blasting fire balls and spikes and one another while the others tried to back away so they wouldn't be in the way or get caught in the cross fire.

The hybrid was slammed into the wall by Blaze before returning the favor by pinning him to the ground and piercing his side with one of her spikes. I ran and tackled her to the ground. I had her on the ground until she swung at me with her claws, grazing my chest and shoulders. Each of her attacks were filled with fury and malice as she began backing me into a corner.

Her slashes got closer and closer until Scarlet suddenly came up behind her, put her hands on her sides and began zapping her. The hybrid yelled out in pain as I grabbed her shoulders and did the same thing. After a couple seconds of this, we stopped and the hybrid stood the, smoke coming off of her body before she collapsed to the floor, hopefully just unconscious.

I turned to the others.

(Y/n): you guys alright?

They all nodded, Blaze sat up from where he had been pinned.

Blaze: I GOT STABBED!

Scarlet: walk it off, I know for a fact that you've been through worse.

She knelt down in front of the hybrid and began checking her pulse.

Scarlet: she's alive.

(Y/n): thought we might've roasted her alive for a sec. let's get her back to Astera, we'll have to tie her up until we know she's not gonna try anything though.

(A/n) I really hope you guys are enjoy this sequel story so for, I'm really sorry for not updating very often. Anyway, I want to ask you guys what you think the  Nergigante hybrid's name should be, I couldn't come up with anything so I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas)