Chapter 16: Convincing The Elder Eater

(Y/n)'s POV

Rex: ugh, how did I fall for such a cheap trick?!

Finn: easy, you got cocky.

After that intense fight with our friend, the Nergigante hybrid, we were lucky to make it out with only a few injuries. A couple days after capturing her, we were all following Terra to where they were holding the hybrid.

Terra: she woke up a few hours after you brought her here. Since then she's been more than a little rowdy.

(Y/n): I'm sure we can handle it.

He lead me, Nara, Finn, and Rex to the room where they were keeping the hybrid.

Terra: she's just in here, I'd suggest going in 1 at a time, she didn't do so well when there were too many researchers in there with her.

(Y/n): noted...

I turned to my group.

(Y/n): I'll head in first, you guys stay out here just in case she goes nuts.

The 3 of them nodded and I walked in, only to see the Nergigante hybrid held to a chair with chains, rope, and leather belts.

(Y/n): huh...

I cleared my throat, managing to grab her attention. Upon seeing me, her pupils narrowed, like a cat seeing another cat in its territory. She let out a low snarl.

(Y/n): look, I don't want any trouble, I'm just hear you talk.

She stopped snarling, but her aggressive expression remained.

(Y/n): alright, you obviously wanna get out of here, and I want to help the people here in Astera. If you help me with my mission, I'll make sure you get what you want...that is if you can actually speak.

???: hahaha, of course I can, Wolf Boy.

(Y/n): ok then, that's a start. Now, can you tell me where the hybrids who attacked our ship are?

She just chuckled.

???: haha, The Red Queen doesn't like trespassers in The New World. It's no surprise she destroyed your ship just like the rest.

(Y/n): that doesn't really answer my question, where are they?

???: wouldn't you like to know? You morons made the mistake of coming to The New World and you want ME to help you. I'm sorry, but I sort of follow a code of "you got yourself into this mess, you can get yourself out", so you're shit out of luck if you think you can get this little bird to sing.

I sighed before walking out and being met with my squad.

Finn: so how'd it go?

(Y/n): she's being...difficult. She can speak, but refuses to say a word

Rex: got any ideas on how we can make her talk?

Nara: let me take a crack at it.

(Y/n): just don't let her get under your skin. Apparently she likes giving nicknames.

Nara stepped inside. After a about 10 minutes she stepped out, her eye twitching with frustration.

(Y/n): let me guess, couldn't crack her?

Nara: she just kept calling me "Kitty Kitty" over and over again.

Finn: let me try.

Nara: be my guest.

Nara held the door open and Finn went in. It only took 30 seconds for him to come out with tears running down his face.

Finn: ...my feelings...they've been shattered.