Chapter 2: A Walk Around Town

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked through town with Tide on my back. To be honest, ever since we stopped Pandora and The Claws of Dala things around here have been so much more peaceful. Humans and hybrids are living in harmony, no big confrontation, life's pretty good.

As I wandered I looked around at what everyone else was doing. A tetsucabra hybrid was helping a group of hunters carry some supplies, a glavenus hybrid was chopping wood with his tail, even a quartet of genprey hybrids were out in the streets, singing with a crowd of people surrounding them.

I was approaching the center of town where I saw the new commander, Alexander talking to none other then Nomad. I began walking over to them. Ever since Kyanna stepped down as commander and put him in charge his confidence has grown quite well.

(Y/n): hey guys.

They both turned to me and smiled.

Alexander: hey (y/n).

Tide hopped off of my back before running over to Nomad and hugging his waist.

Yeah, when the hybrids started living here in town Nomad basically showed them the ropes while also teaching them how to use their powers in more productive ways.

(Y/n): what're you guy up to?

Nomad: we were just talking about some reports that came in about a monster attacking nearby villages.

(Y/n): any idea what it is?

Alexander: sadly no, witnesses said that it's movements were too quick and the only glimpse they got of it was when it was flying away.

(Y/n): eh, it's probably just a seregios on the loose. If you want I could go out and hunt that rampaging pinecone down.

Nomad: that would really solve our problems, thank you (y/n).

My ears suddenly perked up as I began to hear rapid footsteps heading right towards me. Without turning around, I reached behind me, grabbed them by the arm, flipped them over my head, and slammed my attacker down on the ground in front of me. I looked down at them.

(Y/n): sorry Rin, you're gonna need to be a lot quieter if you wanna get the drop on me.

Rin: DAMNIT!

He got to his feet and began dusting himself off.

(A/n) thanks so much to @JPRrogue for doing some of the art for this story)

Rin: ah, I almost had ya that time too.

(Y/n): not really.

He groaned.

Rin was a barioth hybrid who's really not too older than Finn. Ever since he met me he's been trying to increase his speed and stealth just so he could land a sneak attack on me, not to kill me, just for the hell of it. However, due to my heightened sense of hearing and smell that's pretty difficult for anybody, even Nara.

(Y/n): anyway, I'm supposed to be meeting the others at the canteen, you wanna join us?

Rin: eh, why not, I've got nothing better to do.

I turned back to Alexander and Nomad.

(Y/n): I'll take care of that seregios situation later.

Nomad: thank you, (y/n).

Tide jumped back onto my back and we proceeded to the canteen with Rin now accompanying us.

After a while of walking, we finally arrived. I looked around and saw Nara, Finn, and Rex sitting at a table, along with Kyanna, Cody, and Erma.

(Y/n): well, I'm finally here.

Nara: it's about time you got here, last place.

(Y/n): hey, if I didn't run into Scarlet I would've left you all in my dust.

Kyanna got up from her seat before walking over and kissing me on the cheek.

Kyanna: so how was training.

(Y/n): it was good, up until these assholes tried to kill me.

Rex: hey, that's just an average Thursday for you.

(Y/n): it's Sunday.

Rex: ...yeah.

Rin waisted no time walking over, taking a piece of food off of Finn's plate, and shoving it right in his mouth.

Finn: ...seriously?

Rin: bite me, I haven't eaten all day.

(Y/n): anyway, I was planning to go out on a hunt after this, wanna come with?

Rex: can't.

Nara: why not?

Rex: me and Blaze and supposed to be helping out a moofah farmer today.

Finn: since when are you the helping type?

Rex: hey, I'm allowed to have a life!

Kyanna: I'll come with you, (y/n).

(Y/n): well, at least I'm not going in alone.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) stuffing his face with food

After finishing our lunch me and Kyanna walked to the center of town.

Kyanna: so what's the job.

(Y/n): well, I'm assuming that it was a seregios that's been attacking nearby villages, so we gotta hunt it down and put it in the dirt.

Kyanna: sounds easy enough, let's get go-

*CRASH*

Before Kyanna could finish her sentence there was a loud crash from a nearby building. We looked over as the build collapsed to the ground, kicking up dust. A figure rose out of the rubble , concealed by the cloud of dust.

I took my dual blades off of my back, ready to fight. The figure stood on all fours with a large pair of wings coming out of their back, with 2 horn coming out of either side of its head. It crawled forward and my eyes widened...