chapter 6: jjs shit

jjs shit

jjs shit

jj walked into the house completely ignoring the girl who was about to talk to him and ask him about his night.

"someone's moody" cassie whispered while joking around with pope and jb.

"hey what's up dude" john b said while approaching the blonde haired boy.

"huh, oh nothing, yea no i'm fine, what are we doing today" jj spoke fast trying to act as if nothing was wrong when clearly he was on edge about something.

"let's go to the wreck to pick up kie" pope spoke up after trying to brainstorm something fun to do.

"yea sure let's go"

once the group of friends got into the boat they headed over to the wreck to try and get free food.

"kieee my wife i missed you" cassie yelled rushing through the store and jumping onto kie who responded with a laugh as if this was something that wasn't out of the ordinary.

"soo free food"

kiara looked over to see jj already giving her puppy dog eyes, and once john b noticed she wasn't budging he added on to jjs plead for food.

"come on please we're starving over here"

"ugh alright fine go sit somewhere ill bring out some stuff"

she didn't even have to finish the sentence before the group of friends ran over to sit at a table waiting to get served food once her shift ended.

the brunette came back after finishing her shift with food for the group of friends, everyone dug in except for cassie who simply drank more water while watching her friends eat.

"oh shit i gotta go my bad i'll see you guys later though" cassie said looking at her phone acting as if she read a text from someone.

truth was no one really cared too much about her to text her and say to come home but she got bored watching them eat so decided to head out and find something to do.

going home wasn't an option and she decided to put that off for at least another night so the girl grabbed her skateboard and tried to escape her problems.

cassie headed down to the beach only to be interrupted by rafe. the two had gotten pretty close during the summer because of how close she was with topper and sarah.

"hey what are you doing out here" rafe questioned.

"honestly, i don't really know just kinda enjoying the view i guess" cassie responded with a light giggle.

"wow your that bored huh"

"shut up" cassie lightly hit his shoulder

"you can come back to my place if you want we can watch some tv"

"thanks but i should probably be heading back to the chateau soon and seeing what's up with the guys and kie"

"ok yea sure i'll see you around baker"

"you too cameron"

cassie knew she wasn't going to head back to the chateau anytime soon as she had just left her friends but she just felt like staring out into the ocean for a little longer on her own.

the ocean was truly fascinating to cassie. something so beautiful one second could completely ruin your life the next. she began to think about it more and more after the disappearance of big john, he was like a father to her and seeing as something she had grown up in, the water, had taken him away from her truly showed how everything has a bad side to it.

✰ ✰ ✰

once the girl finally went back to john bs she was greeted by kie saying that they were about to go out on the water.

right when cassie was about to respond the two girls were interrupted by jj.

"if she's going i'm not"

"what the fuck jj" kie immediately standing up for her best friend.

"what i'm not about to ruin my day by having her join us if she's in i'm out"

cassies pov

i had no idea why jj was suddenly being such a dick but his words kinda hurt more than i wanted them to, but there was no way i was gonna let them know that.

"what the hells wrong with you" i was kinda pissed at him and i didn't really care if he knew he was being a dick to me so i wasn't gonna be all nice and fluffy to him.

"nothing ok if she's coming i'm not it's as simple as that" and here he was ignoring me again.

yay.

"it's fine i'll just stay here i don't really feel like going out anyway i'll just hangout with rafe or something" i said it more quietly to kie and walked away not really wanting to deal with jjs shit today.

3rd person pov

"what the hell was that dude" john b asked his friend in a confused manner.

"yea dude what's up with you your kinda being a dick to cass" pope agreed.

"nothing ok, nothings wrong i just don't feel like dealing with her she's annoying as fuck"

"oh wow ok, why are you shit talking your best friend"

"yea jj what the hell was that about" kie said finally approaching the boat.

"nothing ok i said nothing i just don't wanna be around her right now" jj said growing angrier by the second and grabbing some beer to try and calm down.