chapter 7: secrets that lie beneath

secrets that lie beneath it

cassies pov

i decided to ignore jjs random outburst and take rafe up on his offer. so i texted him and headed over to his house.

"hey" rafe said while opening the door and showing me to his room. the house seemed oddly quiet so i was pretty sure his family was out.

"what are you doing back here thought you were hanging out with those pogues" rafe said while saying pogues in more of a disgusted manner, it was honestly kinda funny how he kept forgetting i was a pogue but he remembered soon enough every time and quickly changed the subject never actually apologising.

"uh yea change of plans i got bored of them so now i'm with you" i said while we both got on his bed.

"well i have to go soon to do some beach cleanup thing if you wanna join us"

i guess it would be a lot better than going back home so i decided to join him.

once we got there kelce handed sarah a drink which she quickly made an odd face at after taking a sip indicating to me that it was really strong.

i grabbed the bottle and quickly chugged some of it before feeling the burning sensation in my mouth which i had become pretty used to by now, but this, this shit was strong.

"god what the hells in that kelce"

before he could respond wheezie grabbed the bottle from my hand and took a few sips.

"since when do you drink" i asked the younger girl who looked right up at me and replied with "since today" making us let out a little laugh.

✰ ✰ ✰

at this point i had basically finished kelces mystery drink and couldn't really walk straight let alone pick up trash.

as much as i hated garbage littered across the beach i knew i would just make it worse by stumbling and throwing it around instead of actually throwing it out.

i made sure to tell rafe to make me help tomorrow or when i was more in control of myself.

instead i went over to stare at the ocean. i had grown quite fond of it lately. not the actual ocean but the secrets that lie beneath it.

big john; there wasn't much to say about him except for the fact that he was basically my father. i don't think he even knew how much he impacted my life, he never knew about my father, no one did, but even without knowing he was still always there for me.

i hated the world for taking him out of my life. i didn't show it but those few weeks after he disappeared weren't only hard on john b.

then my mind snapped back into reality looking at a wave crash at the shore, seeing the white foam get carried back into the ocean and then come back to the shore almost seconds later.

the ocean; something beautiful that can be seen as an art piece, so light and gentle, rocking boats simply back and forth slowly.

the ocean; a way of distraction, something that can pull you in and never let you out again. no one can hear your screams when your so far gone under.

i guess you could kind of relate the ocean to a person.

________
ELLA RAMBLES
UM YEA I DIDNT KNOW PPL WERE ACTUALLY READINF THIS SO SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES