chapter 18: the boneyard

the boneyard

the boneyard

as i stood in the shower, the warm water drowning me in thought. i couldn't bring myself to let jj back in. after everything he's done for me i can't lose him. not again. but i can't seem to ever keep anything in life, so why bother trying when no ones going to make it out of this anyway. what's really the point in anything anymore?

there's no point in continuing to live in the past. i fucked up and it's over now. i just have to forget everything that happened in these past few weeks and go back to my normal coping mechanisms.

when i got out of the bathroom and finished getting dried up, i checked my phone to see a text from topper asking if i wanted to hangout with just him and rafe like old times.

topper and rafe were best friends when i first moved here, we got close before they learned i was a pogue, since i didn't really know what that was at the time. ever since then we've been friends and they haven't bothered me about being a pogue. then a year later kelce joined our little friends group, and now as much as i hate to admit it cole is joining. i was still a pogue though which is how i met john b, pope, and jj through school and then kie through them.

it took everything inside me to remind myself that i was okay. i quickly replied to topper with a yea sure, i had to get over my fear sometime. and how pathetic is it that i'm afraid of some guy.

"hey you made it!" topper yells engulfing me in a hug. we were outside by his pool the two of them lying down on deck chairs talking about god knows what.

"yep wouldn't miss it for the world" i retort sarcastically walking up to rafe and taking his blunt out of his mouth to take a hit as i lie down on the same chair as him.

"you okay? after yesterday i was worried" he whispers, although he's saying something sweet you would never know by the tone of his voice that he wasn't mad at me.

"yeah i'm fine sorry i don't know what's gotten into me these past two weeks" i responded quietly, topper being oblivious to the whole conversation.

"you gotta stop hanging out with those pogues cass." topper started having nothing else to say and deciding to start an argument.

"aw now why would i do anything you want me to do?" i responded not being in the mood for a full on fight.

"ha-ha" he responded dryly taking the blunt out of my hand and finishing it off.

"how bout we go to the boneyard like old times, get wasted and make a bunch of mistakes?" rafe asked, thinking highly of himself that he was going to win this.

"let's make it interesting boys" i said as i took of my hoodie leaving me in my bathing suit and tennis skirt.

"oh yea what did you have in mind?" topper said eyeing my body up and down.

"we give each other crazy dares all night and we can't back down?" I said looking into their eyes trying to read their expressions.

"so we can dare each other to do anything?" Rafe asked looking as if he already has something in mind.

"i guess the only guide lines would be we cant hurt ourselves or other people or destroy public or private property" i said making the rules clear noticing how rafe still had that look in his eye. "this is going to get sexual isn't it?" i added quickly noticing how topper and rafe looked at each other before looking back at me and smirking.

as we approached the beach the sound of loud partying filled the atmosphere.

"hey cass!" someone called to me causing me to turn and see that familiar flop of blonde hair.

"hey maybank" i said jogging over to where he was with the beer.

"would you like a delicious nutritional beverage?" i smiled at his silliness.

"i would love one, why thank you jj"

"what are you doing here with dumb and dumber?" he said nodding towards where rafe and topper were already talking to girls.

"wow maybank if you keep this up i would think you're jealous" i teased causing him to get slightly flustered before remaining his composure.

"you wish baker" he replied.

"cass get over here, i want you all to myself tonight" rafe fake whined.

"the baby's calling, ill se you later?"

"ye-yeah" jj stuttered.

once we were all way past tipsy and had done almost every known dare in the book  leading me have made out with both of them and given topper a lap dance.

__________
idrk where this is gonna go but i'll figure it out so if u have even the slightest idea of smt u wld want to happen pls cmmt or message me!