Eighteen

Harry's POV:

The next month flew by fast. I'm talking the speed of a Japanese Shinkansen. So not even just a regular bullet train. Since it was the last month of the semester, the school work was super hectic as usual. Plus, we also had to prepare for the talent show.

The Rogue, as in our band, auditioned and we got in. We played Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer. Ha. Everybody liked it. Once we were definitely in, we started working on rehearsing the songs on our setlist. Montgomery talent shows were usually a minimum of two hours, and there was a huge turn out. All the ticket money went to either funding of school programs or to charity. Sometimes, they money was divided between the two causes. It was a pretty sweet deal.

School was, of course, kicking my ass as usual. We had a bunch of projects to do. The computer class required a submission of several websites and other Python programs. Ugh, somebody remind me why I decided to take that class in the first place. Of course, Louis was my project partner. We did argue over a lot of the specifics but it was fine.

Between schoolwork and band rehearsal, I barely had time to do anything else. I would have been very sexually frustrated if I wasn't sleeping with my roommate. Sex was easy when you live together, to be honest. 

Band rehearsals were absolutely exhausting. Niall played the guitar, Astraea was on the piano and Zayn was just a vocalist. I played the guitar as well. Of course, all of us sang too. Surprisingly, Astraea and Zayn weren't arguing and fighting as much, so rehearsals were a little smoother. Phew. I don't think I can handle any more of their bickering. 

I think they fixed things or something. I still haven't seen them making out in public or anything. So, I can't really be sure. But whatever. It's none of my business. I was just happy we could rehearse without any hassle.

Other than all of that, we also had end of term exams. Of fucking course. Why let the students have some peace and quiet right? I was doing fairly well in all my subjects. Except in math, of course. Math sucks. Math deserves to rot in the depths of Tartarus, honestly.

I desperately needed tutoring in math. And I felt weird asking Destiny. You know, because she asked me out or whatever. We were still friends and talked pretty often, but I didn't want her to think I was taking advantage of her or anything. So, I somehow convinced Louis to tutor to me. Of course, he bitched about it a lot, but he finally gave in. 

So, tomorrow was the last day of the term. Which means that it's the day of the talent competition. Most of the parents would be visiting. I was pretty excited. As much as I love school, I miss my mum and my older sister. But they were coming for the talent show today and I was looking forward to that. I also had to pack my bags, because we were to leave with our parents immediately after the talent show.

There was also last-minute rehearsals to think about. Plus, the final math test of the term was tomorrow as well. Ugh. This was going to be so hectic. Astraea decided we had to squeeze in one last rehearsal today, since we can't do that tomorrow. It's always a bad idea to rehearse on the day of the performance. You want you give your vocal chords enough rest to perform for half an hour straight. 

After the final rehearsal, I quickly made my way to my room. I also had to squeeze in a last math tutoring session before the exam. Louis was waiting for me in our room. He said accusingly as I stepped inside, "You're late."

I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes before sitting down opposite to him, "Sorry, Lou. Band rehearsal ran a little late." He nodded, "Oh, yeah, the talent show is tomorrow." I sighed, "Yeah. It's been hectic." He frowned sympathetically, "Well, that sucks. Anyway. Let's get to math. You need all the help you can get to pass tomorrow's paper."