Twenty Nine

Louis' POV:

The next day, I woke up next to Harry. His arms were all around me and he was breathing into my neck. It was the best feeling in the world. I should probably let him sleep, considering we stayed up last night, talking and catching. But like, I need to tell him how happy this is making me.

So, I kissed his head, following that with kisses on his nose, cheek and lips. I whispered, "Harry. Babe." His arms just tightened around me. I swatted him lightly, "H. Wake up." He stirred next to me, "What's wrong?" I sighed, "Nothing's wrong. That's the thing though!" Harry groaned in annoyance at being awoken, "What are you on about, Lewis?"

I brushed my fingers over his hair, "I'm happy." He prompted, "About?" I shrugged, "About today morning. Look, H, I woke up next to you again." He looked around for a second, his eyes immediately softening, "I missed this so much. Fuck, you have no idea." I kissed him again, "I know. I know, H."

And we lay there for the next couple of minutes, not really saying anything. Just enjoying each other's presence I suppose. Ew, that sounds so fucking cringe. But hey, I'll take it over not having him around any day. A while later, Harry sighed next to me, "We should get up. We'll be late for class." Ugh. He was right.

I sat up, "Yeah. Ugh. Okay, meet you in the shower?" He beamed in agreement. Aw, hell. I missed absolutely everything about school.

Once we were done showering and getting dressed, we started off for the cafeteria. I suppose our friends are probably waiting for us. Suddenly, I got an idea. Absolutely brilliant. I stopped Harry a few feet away from our destination. He looked at me in confusion, "What's up?" I grinned, "We should prank our friends." Harry gasped dramatically, "Oh, my! The goody-two shoes Royal is acting so rebellious."

I nudged him hard in the ribs, "Shut it, loser. Anyway, we shouldn't tell them that we're back together." A smirk spread over his face, "And we can pretend we hate each other again." I sighed, "What do you mean by 'again'? I never stopped hating you." Harry rolled his eyes before pressing a kiss to my mouth, "Hate you too. Anyway, should we go in together?" I shrugged, "We always do."

We pushed open the door to the cafeteria and practically barged in together, pushing each other out of the way. Our group of friends immediately looked at us. Their reactions were so varied and all equally hilarious. Okay, we should probably not do this to them, but it's funny, okay!

Destiny looked so stressed out when the two of us took our seats at the table, which were surprisingly next to each other. You'd expect our friends to either sit separately, or at least keep separate chairs for us. Harry muttered furiously, "Why the hell do you guys leave adjacent seats for us? I can barely stand him on a regular day."

I scoffed, "Adjacent. Oh, look, the resident fool has learnt a new word." Destiny gasped, "Louis!" Astraea looked really uncomfortable as she turned to Harry, "Uh, what's going on?" Harry shrugged casually, "Nothing?"

He then turned to me, "Oh, and Tomlinson? At least I don't know a bunch of words just for the sake of being pretentious." I scoffed, "Well, Styles, at least I don't need help to pass basic math." Harry's demeanor changed for a second. Oh, no. He doesn't think I'm serious, does he? I quietly reached over my hand and patted his thigh reassuringly. 

He relaxed immediately and smirked, "At least, my teammates can rely on me in competitions." Liam and Niall groaned at that. I hissed, "Low fucking blow, Styles."

Niall sighed, "So you're back to calling each other by your last names." Destiny smacked her hands down on the table, "No! Stop this! What the hell happened to you guys?" Astraea sighed, "They are back to hating each other."