Twenty Six

Harry's POV:

Teachers suck. School sucks. Everything sucks. It's been a few weeks since Lou's debate competition. We had our final exams immediately after our Christmas break. Like what kind of school does that? Are we supposed to study all Christmas break? This is ridiculous.

To avoid cramming in our whole syllabus during Christmas break, we've been studying for finals for the last few weeks. It was so hectic. Plus we had like a thousand submissions for every class we took. No, because, this is actually ridiculous. 

Louis and I did go on a date outside the campus. We got permission slips from the headmaster, and then went out to the town for dinner. The headmaster looked at us suspiciously when we tried to get that permission slip.

Louis then later told me that Mr. Deakin (the headmaster) was actually his stepdad, and he knew about Louis' sexuality. I had actually been shocked when he told me. So this meant that Mr. Deakin probably knew about Louis and I's enmity when he assigned us to be roommates. That was weird. Huh. But, I'm not complaining. It worked out pretty well for us.

Presently, I was trying not to zone out and study a little. But I'm sure it's obvious that it wasn't working. Louis spoke as he exited the bathroom, "H, Tina wants us in the common room." I pushed aside my books immediately. Hey, if I get an excuse to ditch studying for a little while, I'm going to take it. Louis chuckled when he saw that, "It's not going to be a fun conversation over there. Trust me."

I shrugged as I followed him out of our room, "Trust me, I'll take anything over math right now." He hummed, "Do you need any tutoring?" I shook my head, "Nah. Thanks, though." He laughed softly as we entered the common room, "No problem."

Destiny waved us over as soon as she saw us. Thankfully, Zayn wasn't sitting with our friends today. Over the last few weeks, he'd been hanging out with us sometimes. I didn't have anything against the guy; he was one of my good friends, really. But the tension between him and Trae was actually torture. It was so incredibly awkward. 

Louis scoffed as we sat down, "Yes, Destiny, we know our usual spot in the common room." Destiny rolled her eyes, "That's not important, right now. We have much more important things to talk about!" Louis looked at Astraea questioningly, "What's she on about?" Astraea sighed, "She's freaking out about college applications."

Oh. Shit. College. I sort of forgot about that. I mean I did apply to a bunch of colleges but... What about Louis? Oh God.

Destiny interrupted my thoughts, "It's an important topic to freak out about! Have you guys sent in your college applications?" Apparently everybody had sent in their college applications. Louis too. 

Destiny turned to Louis and Liam, "Are we still going to Manchester?" Liam nodded, "Of course." Wait. Wait a minute. Louis is going to Manchester? But... I'm going to London. What the hell?

Louis sighed, "I applied to a bunch of colleges in Manchester, yeah." Oh. Fuck. Um. What are we ever going to do? Would he still want to be together? But most long distance relationships don't work most often. Maybe it could work for us. Hell, we have to figure out something! The thought of not being with Louis anymore or not seeing him everyday anymore was chilling to me. Okay, okay. Calm down, Harry. Everything is going to be fine. I'll just talk to him tonight in our room. Right? It will be fine.

Astraea connected the dots. It was evident from her concerned, careful expression. She looked at me, "Harry, aren't you uh... Going to London?" Louis' head whipped around to look at me. I exhaled a breath I didn't even know I was holding in, "Yep. London. I applied to a bunch of places. Yeah." 

Destiny looked at Louis and I in alarm before looking at Astraea in concern. Niall noticed the tension and changed the topic quickly, "Astraea, where are you going for college?" Astraea blinked, "Oh. Manchester, of course."