Twenty Eight

Harry's POV:

Ugh, I can't believe Christmas break is over already. It was a nightmare but a relief at the same time. I know; confusing much? It was a nightmare, because well, I kept missing Louis. I was used to having him around me all the time, so not having him around was actually so miserable. This was actually worse than the end of term break.

I can't even recall how many times I called Astraea and Niall to mope to to them. I'm pretty sure they are ready to throw me out by now. Ha. But, first things first. I have to concentrate on the problem at hand. I'm on my way to school right now! Gemma was driving me, and she keeps shooting concerned glances at me. 

I, of course, told her the whole story about me and Louis. She feels bad for me. I don't want her sympathy! Ugh, who am I kidding? Of course, I do. See? I'm a mess. I actually missed Louis every fucking day of Christmas eve. Why do I care about him more than he cares about me? He probably is better off without me. Happier, even. Ugh. Fuck this.

On his birthday, I can't even count how many times I picked up my phone to text him and wish him a happy birthday. But I ended up not doing it. He doesn't want to hear from me. And I didn't want to ruin his birthday by texting. Who wants a text from their ex on their birthday? Exes. Ouch.

I didn't mean to do it, but I was walking the streets of my city and I spotted this cute little shop, and I went it just to check it out and ended up buying a little present for Louis. Ugh, I can't mean to! But I saw this two cute matching ribbon bracelets, and I couldn't help myself from getting it. Of course, I don't plan on giving it to him or anything. 

Soon enough, we were at the school. Gemma turned to face me, "Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I sighed, "Yes, Gemma." She reached over and gave me a little hug, "Take care. Good luck, baby bro." I gave her a small smile and nod as I stepped out of the car and got my bags. She drove away within two minutes, and then I walked towards the main gate with my bags. Astraea and Niall were waiting for me there. Of course they were.

Astraea actually hugged me when she saw me. It was weird. Niall gaped at us too. She hit both of us for staring, "Shut up. How are you, Harry?" I shrugged, "I'm okay. Thanks, Trae." She let out a breath, "Of course. Are you ready to you know?" Face Louis. No. Not at all. I have a feeling that seeing Louis in person is just going to twist the knife in my heart some more.

I just shrugged in response before the three of us walked in and found our way to our respective rooms. Astraea asked, "Do you need me to come along?" I considered that for a few seconds. As much as that might be helpful, it is more likely to be awkward. So I just shook my head and thanked her for the offer.

I kid you not when I say I opened the door to my room with bated breath. But as it turns out, I didn't have to worry at all. The room was empty. Oh. Louis wasn't there yet. Did he move out or something? The thought of that made me want to cry for some reason.

I pushed all those thoughts aside, and tried to distract myself by unpacking my bags. I guess, it sort of worked. Once that was done, I walked down to the common room. I was hoping Louis wouldn't be there, but at the same time I really, really wanted to see him and hoped he, in fact, would be there.

He wasn't there. However, Destiny and Liam were there, and they were sitting with Astraea and Niall. Destiny jumped to her feet to give me a hug as soon as she saw me, "Harry, hey! How are you?" I hugged her bag, "I'm alright, thanks Tina. What about you?" She shrugged, "Oh, that doesn't matter! But, I'm good, thank you for asking." Huh.

I just gave her a small smile before taking my seat. I looked around once more before asking carefully, "Um, where's..." Destiny looked at me sympathetically, "Louis? He'll be coming in late with his step father." Oh, right.