Twenty Seven

Louis' POV:

It was December 23rd. As in the day before my birthday. As in the day we go on Christmas break. For the last two days, I've been living with Destiny. It was downright weird. I had to be cautious about using the bathroom and changing clothes. I didn't want her to see any of my body parts, thank you very much.

But other than that, I missed Harry so much, it actually physically hurt. I was so used to living with him and waking up next to him, and now he was just gone. And it was all my fault. A meagre four month relationship, my ass. Ugh, the stupid relationship meant so much to me. And now it was done. Donesies as Tina would say. Ugh. Fuck this. Fuck my life.

Destiny nudged me out of my thoughts, "Are you ready to go?" I sighed and gathered my bags, "Yeah. Let's go." Destiny didn't mention Harry at all. She's stopped bringing him up after the first conversation about him.

Apparently, Harry went to Tina and Trae's room and told them what had happened. Destiny then came to check on me, and we had a conversation about the break up and such. After that, she dropped the topic. I was kind of grateful, but I also kind of wanted to talk about it. I wanted to whine and complain and cry over Harry till my heart's content. And that was so unlike me. 

Presently, we walked down to the main doors of the school. Our friends were waiting for us. They were all standing together. Fuck. Why wouldn't they? Harry was standing there too. Seeing him was like a knife in my heart. He looked terrible. His eyes were tired and had dark circles under them.

Harry, who usually looked like an angelic cherub with his curls and green eyes, looked so exhausted and done with life now. And I caused that. Just that made me want to burst into instant tears. As soon as Astraea noticed me and Destiny approaching, she and Destiny had a telepathic conversation with their eyes. And then Astraea dragged Niall and Harry away to another spot. So that's how it's going to be, huh? The Royals and Rogues separate again. As it should be, maybe? Then why did none of this feel right? 

I'm sure everyone in the group knows about the break up by now. I mean, how else would we explain the room switch? Thankfully, I didn't have to stand in the same room as Harry for too long. My mum was there soon, and I was glad to be able to leave early. 

I plastered a fake smile on my face as soon as I got in the car. Luckily, my mum didn't notice anything wrong about me. So we played some of her old music and the drive back home was pretty normal. We caught up about school and her life back home. I, of course, conveniently left out everything about Harry.

Once I got home, I spent the next few hours with my sisters, who were excited to see me. In the midst of it all, I didn't have much time to think about Harry. I went to sleep quite early that night.

Next day was my birthday, which was rather exciting, of course. I spent the whole day with my family. We went shopping and then had lunch together. Later that evening, mum agreed to let me go have dinner with my old friends in town. It was incredible, seeing all my old friends again. As much as I love Destiny and Liam and wouldn't trade them for the world, I enjoyed hanging out with my old friends sometimes during breaks too. 

When all of that was over, I finally got home, exhausted. I was ready to crash, really. But I managed to check my phone when I'd got into bed. Destiny, Liam and I had had a three way facetime the first thing in the morning for my birthday. Destiny said she had a present for me, which she'd give to me once we were back to school together. So I guess, that's something to look forward to.

I had birthday messages from Astraea and Niall. Aw, isn't that nice? I responded to their texts quickly before checking my messages and well as my social media to check if Harry maybe said something for my birthday? I mean, why would he? It was me who ended things with him. Why on earth would he wish me a happy birthday? If anything, he's probably wishing for me to have a terrible birthday. But just in case... I checked all my messages.