Chapter 8- Who are you?

Damian led the way and we went into what looks like a study/library. It was gorgeous to say the least, the walls were covered in a beautiful oak wood and there were black leather lounges with a roaring fireplace.

"It's beautiful!"

"Indeed, take a seat though. We need to talk" he pointed toward a lounge and sat in the one opposite to it.

"Ok then"I dragged,"I remember why we know each other. Do you know why?"

"Maybe?" I decided to see what was going on in his head.

"I wonder if she is from the league, if she knew Cass from way back he has to be right?"

"I apologize but I do not know" he whispered

"You do not have to apologize, it has been years so I do not blame you. I just wish I made a bigger impact on your life for you to remember,"

"So who are you to me?"

" That's for me to know and you to find out"

"Seriously?"

" I like to think of it as my shtick"

"Tt, how unique"

"Why thank you, but let's go before they think we have gone missing"

He leads me out of the study and back to the living room.

Mari leans in close and whispers into my ear "Where were you?"

"We were in a study I think" I whisper back

I speak a little louder to talk to everyone else, "So what did we miss?"

"Oh nothing much we just talked about how cool MDC is and were about to ask how you guys got commissions" Dick replied. I smirk a bit, just a little, and turn to Marinette,

" Oh really? Well I do commissions inside Europe but I have started commissions in the States", Mari reaches into her purse and pulls out her card and hands it to Dick, "Here is my card, it has my email and number so if you want a commission you can contact me," I swear I have never seen someone so happy. Both him and Tim as well as Stephanie and Babs started squealing like crazy. I winced a little.

" Marinette you are MDC holy cow I can't believe this! THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!" Dick yelled

" Tt, Grayson don't you have a wife? And a daughter?" Damian questions. I almost choke when he says that.

"Ok, one of the best days of my life"

Tim and Stephanie were bombarding Mari with questions while Damian and Chloe were arguing about who knows what when Alfred entered the room.

"Dinner is ready young masters. Please follow me"