Chapter 14- Gotham, meet the French heroes

It was about 8 pm and Mari, Chloe, and I were sprawled across my bed doing whatnot. I watched the fan and followed the movement with my eyes, Mari put on some headphones and was watching Netflix, and Chloe was chatting away with Pollen.

"AAARRGHH! Guys I'm bored!" I whine

"Me too!"

"I'm fine" Chloe huffs

"Hey! How about we do a little rooftop adventure. Maybe it's time Gotham met the French superheroes?" Mari suggested

"But wouldn't it be sus if all of a sudden we appeared in Gotham?" I had a DUH undertone

"Oh my kwami, you guys are ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! Chelle, as Guardian you can create an travel through Portals!"

"Right! So what do you say Michelle? You in?" Mari had pulled out her baby doll eyes. I shielded my eyes with my arms

"Must resist" I strained. I made the mistake of lowering my arms because I got a face full of baby doll eyes. I groaned in defeat, "Fine" I walk over to my fridge and pull out a slice of Camembert and toss it over to Plagg who takes it in in one bite.

"Plagg! CLAWS OUT!"(Cue transformation sequence)

(Her costume is a bit similar to the Original cat noirs costume in the series. She is in a leather suit like Chat and has a baton as a weapon. But she has green stitching on her suit. She also has this thick hood with fluffy white lining with black spots and 2 ears on the top of the hood. She has her hair in a braid that comes down her shoulder.)

"Tikki! SPOTS ON!" (Same costume as original expect her hair is now is a high ponytail tied up with a thick red ribbon) I look at Chloe

"Aren't you going to transform?"

"Nuh uh! I am going to have a mini spa day while your away!" She flipped her ponytail over her shoulder and sashayed out my room, but before she could fully exit she turned around, "Be careful" and she left.

I turn back to Mari who was playing around with her Yo-yo,

"Ready?" She nods. I put right hand in front of me and concentrate all my magic and energy to my hand and visualize where I want to go. I open my eyes and a white portal opens in front of us. I nod at Mari and she walks in, me following behind her. We step out to see that we are on the rooftop of a building across WE. I close the portal and walk up to Ladybug.

"So M'lady, wanna race? First one to WE wins?" She smirked at me before running off.

"HEY! I DIDN'T SAY GO!" I start sprinting after her running across the rooftop. It on,y have been about 2 weeks but I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic. But I felt free, andI really enjoyed the thrill. About 30 seconds, later I catch up to her and zoom past her. I jumped across the ally ways and about a minute later, I landed on the roof of WE. Ladybug arrived about 5 seconds later.

"I guess cheaters can't win amiright?" I smirk

"Humph!" She crossed her arms and grumbled. She looked right behind me and then stepped close. She whispered only so I could hear her, " The vigilantes have spotted us" I nod

" we haven't done anything wrong. We are just here to explore. Let's just move but not too fast to make them think they caught up to us, answer their damn question and leave" she nodded. About a second later we turned to see Red Hood, Nightwing, Robin, and of course, the night himself, Batman. Nightwing stepped forward. On instinct, I rested my hand on my baton and Ladybug held her yo-yo in her hand.

"Hey kids, You shouldn't be out in Gotham at this time playing superheroes, it's dangerous" Ladybug and I exchanged looks.

"We are not children, We are not playing dress up. We are French superheroes who decided to explore Gotham. Is it really too much to ask to do that in piece?" I deadpanned.

"Look drop the act, just come with us and we will drop you off" I Looked at Ladybug

"I told you, we are fine. We are in no need of your services." I reached for my baton to prepare for our exit, but vigilantes being vigilantes, Nightwing threw a batarang at my arm, which to that I sidestepped and caught the weapon between my middle and index finger. I looked up and glared at them before tossing said weapon back. I pulled out my baton and spun it around a few times before looking back at them.

On three, we jump off the side and I will pull open a portal okay?

One

"Ok, seriously? You need to come back with us and we need to talk" Red hood started.

Two

"That will not be necessary"

Three

We both ran and jumped off the side of the building, I pulled up a portal and we both dived into it. We both fell onto my bed and groaned.

"Spots off/Claws in" we dropped our transformations and fed our Kwamis.

"Is it too much to ask for a rooftop run in Gotham? Seriously they really stick their noses in everything!" Mari whined, she flopped on my bed and stuffed her face in my pillow.

"They're just doing their job Marinette, you would the same if they were in Paris wouldn't you" Tikki smiled. I lived that kwami, she had such a positive attitude.

"Tikki is right! But they are actual crap. Wanna just eat ice cream and binge Netflix? I cannot sleep right now?" And that's what we did.