[.•.9.•.]

The video has nothing to do with the chapter or book but it's actually my channel lol, I just made it cause it's funny. Anyways, enjoy the story!

----

Keith and Rose went around the streets near the houses to start off at. Sadly neither of them even knew if he lived in the neighborhood or not.

Keith and Rose knew not to ask much people because if so the neighbors might think it's a missing person and yeah... That wouldn't go well.

Keith and Rose finally arrived to around the place where the father of Rose was. They quietly went past so the father who might be inside (or her mother) wouldn't catch them outside.

After that they quickly headed off. Rose went ahead as Keith paused hearing a whimper.

Confused, he looked down the alley. He saw two shadowy figures and one was holding some sort of dagger.

He wasn't gonna bother being afraid he'd get into something until he looked closer. That's odd, that hair looks strangely similar to... Wait...

"PICO!!" Keith screamed in terror as he now ran over in shock seeing the mother of Rose surprisingly instead of the father, holding Pico's shirt up as he struggled in her hold.

Rose immediately turned the corner as she screamed out. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!"

The mother immediately tried to act all sweet and gooey towards her daughter despite holding the dagger now very closely towards Pico's neck.

"Oh honey, your father told me what happened. This would of never happened if this ginger brat stayed in his place and never bothered coming around here."

Rose started crying in fear as Keith growled. The mother noticed as she scoffed, looking at Keith. She then laughed out loud.

"Oh you're angry I got your little boy toy with me? You gonna do something about it? Huh?"

Keith felt tears swell up in his eyes fron sadness and anger. She was the one with the dagger and a full grown adult, so how in the world would he stand a chance?

Suddenly, he saw Pico's gun on the ground not too far. He had an idea. He then coughed as he started to act.

"... You're right miss, it is his fault. After all he took your daughter away from you both."

Pico looked in surprise at Keith but noticed him signaling Rose towards his gun, so he knew what was up. He then started to respond as well.

"Oh please don't kill me, I'll do anything to live! Just don't kill me puhlease..." Pico couldn't help but scowl the last word out on accident.

She smirked in confidence as she didn't let go but swung her dagger, up and down, surprisingly not just plainly stabbing her palm.

"I knew you'd be a good boy Keith! Now, about this ginger..." Before any action took, Rose built the courage to shoot her mother's dagger out her hand.

Bad idea...

She immediately missed and it shot her hand. Her hand was immediately bloodied and bleeding out a storm as the mother shrieked in pain.

Pico was able to kick her chest making her take a fall, letting Pico go. Rose immediately started panicking. "MOM! OH NO OH GOD, MOM I'M SORRY!"

The mother was sobbing and screeching in pain as this called obvious attention near the people passing by who proceeded to call the police.

Keith and Pico immediately were gonna run outta there and take Rose with them, but Rode refused and needed to stay with her mother.

Knowing the boys had little time before the cops came, Pico yanked his gun out of Rose's hand as the two boys ran off.

Rose on the other hand was sobbing and hugging her mother, apologising profusely as all the blood was getting on her face and dress as the mother just kept sobbing, unable to hug back due to the pain and head injury from falling backwards.

Rose will never forgive herself for this...

----

Why was Pico even there, and how did he get in trouble with the mother? What did Pico explain to Keith? How was Keith after all this happening? That'll be next chapter! Hope you enjoyed!